naaraskukko

Ex-Tykkimiehet

Alkuun video vuosien taakse.

Ihan mielenkiintoinen tekstipätkä pelaajasta, josta täällä ketjussa ei pahemmin mainintoja ole ollut.

How Samir Nasri went from next Zinedine Zidane to Man City misfit

nasri-man-city-arsenal-sevilla_3779832.j

While Manchester City and Manchester United go head to head in the derby on Saturday, Samir Nasri will be preparing for his Sevilla debut against Las Palmas. The talented Frenchman only recently turned 29 and should be at the peak of his career, so what's gone wrong?

When the questioning turned to Manchester City's incoming manager, Samir Nasri was in no doubt. "If I stay working with Pep Guardiola, if he wants me, he's just going to be a lucky man because I will be really hungry," he said. "I am the type of player for his philosophy and the way he likes his team to play."

It was April and Nasri had just scored the winning goal in a 2-1 victory over West Brom at the Etihad Stadium. It was his first start since October after a six-month lay-off with a thigh injury, and the Frenchman was already envisioning a central role for himself in Guardiola's revolution.

samir-nasrio-man-city_3446087.jpg?201604

Fast forward a few months and his boldness appears ill-judged. Guardiola ordered an overweight Nasri to train separately to the rest of the squad in pre-season, and the midfielder's only playing time came with a 15-minute cameo against West Ham before he completed his loan move to Sevilla.

Nasri insists Guardiola fought for him to stay "until the last moment", but it is tempting to wonder whether the new coach was really so conflicted. Nasri's comments do not always tally with reality, after all. When he was left out of City's Champions League squad for the knockout stages in February, for example, he bizarrely declared he would happily finish his career at the club.

Instead, a player once regarded as the next Zinedine Zidane has left Manchester with his stock at its lowest. Injuries limited him to just 13 appearances in 2015/16, and the best season of his career remains the 2010/11 campaign with Arsenal, when he was named in the PFA Team of the Year after scoring 15 goals in 45 games. When he joined City in the summer of 2011, he was one of the Premier League's most coveted players.

Arsenal-v-Manchester-City-Sami-Nasri_311

Five years at the Etihad yielded two Premier League titles and a League Cup winners' medal, but there have only been glimpses of the outstanding talent that persuaded City to part with £24m for his signature. Good seasons have been sandwiched by poor ones, and Roberto Mancini summed it up in 2013 when he said he would like to punch Nasri for his inconsistency.

Samir Nasri's Premier League seasons

Season Team Appearances Goals Assists
2015/16 Man City 4(8) 2 2
2014/15 Man City 18(6) 2 6
2013/14 Man City 29(5) 7 7
2012/13 Man City 22(6) 2 7
2011/12 Man City 26(4) 5 9
2010/11 Arsenal 28(2) 10 1
2009/10 Arsenal 22(4) 2 4
2008/09 Arsenal 28(1) 6 2

Bust-ups and stormy relationships have been themes of Nasri's career, but his form dramatically improved when Manuel Pellegrini replaced Mancini at the start of the 2013/14 season, and those who know him best insist there were other, more significant factors at play in his fall from grace over the last two years.

"The main problem at City was his injury record, especially in 2015," French football journalist Bruno Constant tells Sky Sports. "I think he had five or six muscular injuries, but the way he came back every time was impressive. Nasri is a fighter who always gets back on his feet, like the way he faced competition from Jesús Navas and Kevin De Bruyne, or the way he came back from his injury last season."

That view differs from many people's perceptions of Nasri, but Constant believes some of the criticism is unfair. "I don't think there was any issue with his character at City," he says. "He's got character, he doesn't deny that, but there's a difference between his career with France, where he had some problems, and his club career. He showed that at Arsenal, where he had no problems with Wenger, but he's someone who doesn't leave you indifferent. You like him or you hate him."

samir-nasri-deschamps_3782182.jpg?201609

While injuries rather than temperament may have been the decisive factor in Nasri's decline at City, his troubles with France undoubtedly contributed. "He was really affected by the story with the French national team," says Constant. "Not going to the World Cup in Brazil was a heartbreak for a player who had dreamt about it since he was a kid."

Nasri announced his retirement from international football after he was overlooked by Deschamps in 2014. "The French national team doesn't make me happy," he said. "Every time I go there, there is just more trouble." 

It was a messy break-up, and his performances suffered as City surrendered the Premier League title to Chelsea. The whole episode did not reflect well on the 29-year-old, but opinion is split in France - and Nasri is not alone in struggling to meet expectations.

"Some people think he's a troublemaker, some people still defend him," says Constant. "He's part of the very talented 1987 generation with Karim Benzema, Hatem Ben Arfa and Jérémy Ménez. They received huge media attention but most of them didn't really fulfil their potential. Benzema is not a part of the national team anymore, Ben Arfa had to wait until the age of 29 to join a big club, and Ménez lost himself at Milan and is now at Bordeaux."

Nasri treads a fine line between misunderstood genius and downright petulance, but the question now is whether he can rediscover his best form in Andalucia. "He always told me that he likes La Liga," says Constant. "I don't know if Guardiola wanted him to stay as Nasri said, but he's a competitor, he loves football so much and he's really hungry to show that he can still be a hit in La Liga."

samir-nasri-sevilla-la-liga-contract-twi

That hunger evidently wasn't enough for Guardiola, but perhaps a change of scenery is what Nasri needed. He tends to deliver his best when he has the trust and support of his manager, and he has already revealed it was Jorge Sampaoli who convinced him to make the move to Spain.

Nasri is not where he was expected to be at this stage in his career, and he will be far from the minds of City supporters when they watch their side at Old Trafford on Saturday, but he is away from the spotlight and he is injury-free. Could the future be brighter? "Who knows?" says Constant. "It wouldn't be the first time he has surprised us."

Jaa viesti

En tälle nyt parempaa ketjua löytänyt, mutta Samir Nasrilta melkoista settiä twitterin puolella :D

Tiedä sitten onko tili hakkeroitu vai joulu venähtänyt Nasrilla vähän pitkäksi :D

e. ja näköjään jo poistettu noi viestit..

Hakkeroitu.

Edit. Tai no tarkennuksena, niin ilmeisesti vihainen ex-tyttöystävä mennyt valloittamaan Samirin Twitter-tiliä.

Jaa viesti

Arsenal-legenda Nicklas Bendtner on siirtynyt 24-kertaisen Norjan mestarin Rosenborg BK:n riveihin.

Nicklas Bendtner seals transfer from Nottingham Forest to Rosenborg

nicklas-bendtner-arsenal-nottingham-fore

Nicklas Bendtner has completed a move away from Nottingham Forest to Norwegian club Rosenborg.

The Norwegian transfer window does not close until the end of March and the striker has left the City Ground just six months into his stay at the Sky Bet Championship club for an undisclosed fee.

Bendtner joined Forest on a free transfer from Wolfsburg in September, but had not started a league game for the club in 2017.

The 29-year-old former Arsenal striker scored just two goals in 17 appearances for Forest, but had revealed he was back in full training with the squad on Saturday following a hamstring injury.

However, speaking on his move to Norway, Bendtner is hoping the transfer will allow him to return to a similar set-up he had at Arsenal.

"I am not yet expert in Norwegian football, but I know that Rosenborg is the epitome of a stable club that gets the best out of their players," Bendtner told Rosenborg's website.

"That kind of stability I have missed since my time at Arsenal, and now we'll see if I can experience it again.

"I can only promise one thing, I am constantly hungry for football, constantly hungry to score goals."

Jaa viesti

Eilen League Cupia katsoessa tuli mieleen Danny Welbeckin tuuletuksesta muuan Tomás Rosicky. Olikohan kyseessä kunnianosoitus suorastaan, sillä tänään saimme kuulle pienen Mozartin lopettaneen uransa jalkapalloilijana.

Jotkut ehkä ovat huomanneetkin, mutta Rosicky on ollut itselleni hyvin avainroolissa, kun seurannut Arsenalia. Ei ole se paras pelaaja eikä välttämättä taitavinkaan, jota olen saanut seurata kentällä, mutta pelaaja, johon olen voinut samaistua ja kokenut aina suurta sympatiaa vaikeina hetkinä sekä ottamaan myös esimerkkiä tietyssä asennoitumisessa vastoinkäymisiin. Tomás saapui seuraan hyvin paljon samaan aikaan, kun pystyin aloittamaan itse seuraamisen ottelusta toiseen ja olin aktivoitunut jalkapallon suhteen muutenkin jälleen.

"He is a real Arsenal player."

Arsenal ei ole ollut parhaimmillaan sen jälkeen, kun seura muutti Emirates Stadiumille, mutta voisin jopa uskaltaa väittää, että tästä huolimatta, niin Arsenal pelasi 2007–2008 kaudella pelillisesti kauneinta ja viihdyttävintä jalkapalloa, jota ollaan Arsenalissa nähty. 2006–2007 kaudella keskikentän neljän pelaajan linjasta löytyi vielä Freddie Ljungberg ja tuona sekä tulevana kautenakin vielä Gilberto Silva, mutta Cesc FàbregasinMathieu FlamininAliaksandr Hlebin ja Rosickyn muodostama keskikenttä oli jotain, mikä sytytti. Kemia oli kohdillaan niin kentällä kuin sen ulkopuolella ja tuon ilon seuraaminen päättyi aivan liian nopeasti. Olihan tuolloin hyökkäyksessäkin vielä nimeä, joita ei tarvitse mainita ja sitten tällaisia tulevia tähtiä, joita enää ei ole tapana mainita.

Rosicky aloitti uransa Sparta Prahassa, jossa sen myös päätti. Seurauskollisena pelaajanahan tunnettiin koko uransa. Yhteensä pelasi 33 ottelua seurassa, joista tällä kaudella 12 ja tuloksena yksi maalikin. Prahassa menestystä tuli vuosina 1999 ja 2000 Tsekin mestaruuden muodossa. Tuossa välissähän pelasi tunnetusti Dortmundissa yhteensä 189 ottelua, joissa 24 maalia ja 46 maalisyöttöä. Mukaan tarttui Bundesligasta myös Saksan mestaruus vuodelta 2002, joka ratkesi ikimuistoisesti voittomaalilla vasta 10 minuuttia ennen viimeisen ottelun päätösvihellystä. Arsenalissa sitten kunnioitettavat 248 ottelua, sekä tuon sisällä 29 maalia ja 22 maalisyöttöä. Pitkän odotuksen päätteeksi 2014 ja 2015 Tomás voitti myös lopulta kaksi FA Cupia ja kaksi Community Shieldia. Maansa yksi kaikkien aikojen parhaimmista jalkapalloilijoista ja Tsekin maajoukkueessahan maaotteluita kertyi yhteensä 105 kappaletta ja näissä 23 maalia. Valittiin myös 2001, 2002 ja 2006 maansa parhaimmaksi jalkapalloilijaksi.

Nyt tarina kuitenkin päättyy ja 37-vuotiaan keskikentän maestron on aika siirtyä kääntämään uusi sivu urallaan, mikä todennäköisesti jatkuu jalkapallon parissa. Jack Wilshere muiden lukuisten Arsenalin ja muidenkin jalkapalloilijoiden joukossahan kiitti Rosickya kaikista näistä vuosista ja toivotti onnea tulevaan. Jack tuossa lopussa vielä mainitsikin kuten myös Mertesacker, että nähdään toivottavasti pian ja nimenomaan valmennuksen merkeissä. Ehkä Tomás, joka aina välillä Emiratesillakin ollaan nähty nyt jälkikäteen ja oli Wembleyllakin joukkuetta tapaamassa viime kauden finaalissa, niin voisikin saapua tulevaisuudessa takaisin seuraan ja ottamaan jonkinlaisen roolin valmennuksesta.

Kiitos Tomásille kaikesta ja niistä lukuisista muistoista. Varsinkin niistä kauneimmista osumista Spursia vastaan. Jätti aina kaikkensa kentälle ja oli esimerkillinen pelaaja, joita ei nykyään aina vastaan tule. Nurmella ei enää tosiaan nähdä, mutta en uskaltaisi ainakaan vielä väittää, että kyseisen Wolfgang Amadeusin viimeinen sinfonia oltaisiin vielä kuultu. Tosin tässä tapauksessa voidaan kai puhua ehkä enemmän heavy metalista.

Na_ytto_kuva_2017-12-20_kello_18.50.22.p

Legend.

Jaa viesti

Tomas Rosicky’s message to the Arsenal fans

ROSICKY.jpg?itok=BI_Pr7ud

Tomas Rosicky announced his retirement on Wednesday, bringing to an end a career spanning 19 years and spells at three clubs, including a decade with us.

A three-time Czech Footballer of the Year, Tomas won the Czech league twice with hometown club Sparta Prague, before going on to lift the Bundesliga with Borussia Dortmund in 2002.

A move to us followed in 2006. Over the following decade, Tomas established himself as a firm fans’ favourite in north London, making 246 appearances, scoring 28 times and helping us to win two FA Cups.

Tomas, who made 105 appearances for the Czech Republic between 2000 and 2016, left us in 2016 to re-join Sparta, before taking the decision to retire this week.

Soon after announcing his news, Tomas rang the club requesting to leave one final message for the fans.

Here’s the full transcript of what he said:

Tomas, you’ve taken the decision to retire. How do you feel?
"It’s a very difficult decision to make, because if you do something for such a long time and you love it, it’s very difficult to leave it behind you. It was very difficult but I also feel it’s the right decision. My body has been telling me for a long time that it doesn’t want to do it anymore, but the mind was always there to win, to keep playing and to keep pushing forward. We have a winter break here which lasts the whole December. I’ve been starting to prepare for spring and I just felt that I didn’t want to do this anymore. I felt now is the right time to do it. I have to deal with it now because it’s not as easy as everyone maybe thinks it is."

You’re finishing your career at Sparta Prague, where you also started out. When you look back with a bit of distance, do you think you’ll be pleased to have finished up at your boyhood club?
"I think it’s a great story that I finished at a club where I basically grew up. It was the plan for me. When I knew I was leaving Arsenal, there was only one place to go so my decision was to come back or to retire. I didn’t want to do anything else. At that time, it fit the bill. I think it’s a lovely story for a very young guy from Prague who spent 16 years abroad to go back and finish the career where he started. It’s a nice story."

a7IGEsT.jpg

Of those 16 years abroad, you spent 10 at Arsenal: 246 appearances, 28 goals, two FA Cups and many memories that stick out…
"Yeah, absolutely. For one last time, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at Arsenal Football Club. For me, it’s a fantastic club and it was always an honour for me to play for Arsenal. I always had a special bond with the fans. Every time I played, they knew that I was playing for the shirt. I always played for the shirt because it was an honour for me to represent such a great club like Arsenal. One thing is for sure, I’m a Gunner forever."

We imagine part of the reason they loved you so much was because of your record against Tottenham. You really seemed to love playing against them and scoring against them too…
"I always understood the meaning of the derby because we have a big derby here in the Czech Republic with Sparta and Slavia. Later on I played for Dortmund against Schalke, which is similar to Arsenal v Tottenham. From a very young age, I understood the meaning of the derby and that helped me as well when it came to the fans, because I was able to score some lovely goals against Tottenham."

Three goals against Tottenham, all brilliant in their own right. Have you got a favourite at all?
"I have to say I very much enjoyed all of them. They were all special goals, not only because it was in a derby and meant so much to the fans, but as well because those goals were simply great goals!"

During your decade here, we won the FA Cup in 2014, by which time you’d been here for eight years. You played such an important role in extra-time of that final. That must have been really special for you…
"Yeah, that’s what I wanted - to win a trophy with Arsenal. There’s a regret that we didn’t win the Premier League, but after such a long time, it was a great moment. For the fans as well, the connection between the players and the fans that day was absolutely amazing. I’m repeating myself but I’ve enjoyed every minute playing for Arsenal because it’s an amazing club. I always loved to play for Arsène Wenger and for his vision of how football should be played. It was absolutely great."

464867524.jpg?w=748&h=494&crop=1

"One thing is for sure, I'm a Gunner forever." – Tomas Rosicky

Jaa viesti

Luo uusi käyttäjätili tai kirjaudu sisään

Sinun täytyy olla jäsen osallistuaksesi keskusteluun

Luo käyttäjätili

Rekisteröi uusi käyttäjätili helposti ja nopeasti!

Luo uusi käyttäjätili

Kirjaudu sisään

Sinulla on jo käyttäjätili?

Kirjaudu sisään