welmuzkin

Arsenalin varmistuneet pelaajasiirrot

Tavallaan pettynyt fiilis, mutta samaan aikaan täytyy olla iloinen Wojciech Szczesnyn puolesta. Arsenal ajoi itsensä osittain umpikujaan, koska Cech vielä seurassa, jonka vuoksi Woj'n kannalta järkevämpi ratkaisu olla kakkosmaalivahti vain vuoden verran Juventuksessa kuin tuntemattoman aikamäärän Arsenalissa. Kahden viime kauden aikana kasvoi Romassa runsaasti pelaajana, ja vaikka en maailmanluokan maalivahdiksi kutsuisikaan, niin viime kaudella oli kiistatta yksi Euroopan aivan parhaista maalivahdeista esityksillään, mistä kertoi ehdokkuus Serie A:n parhaaksi maalivahdiksi ja Italian sarjan Golden Glove.

Ymmärrän täysin Wojciechin valinnan, sillä eihän tuossa ollut epäilystäkään, jos annetaan mahdollisuus 2018 World Cupin jälkeen täyttää Buffonin hanskat ja saada iso rooli Juventuksen kokoisessa seurassa. Askel eteenpäin Arsenalista täysin rehellisesti todettuna ja varmasti pääsee nauttimaan mestaruuksista tuolla. Italiassa muutenkin Szczesny tuntuu olevan suuressa arvossa, mitä Englannissa valitettavasti ei ole, vaikka Arsenalissakin pelasi huippukausia, mutta sitten ne teini-ikäisenä ja edelleen nuorena reilu 20-vuotiaana sattuneet virheet jäivät kummittelemaan. Edelleen nuori maalivahti 26-vuotiaana, jolla saattaa olla pitkä tulevaisuus Euroopan huipulla.

Kaikkea hyvää siis puolalaiselle ja kohti uusia haasteita. Ainoa harmi tässä on, että jos on riittävän hyvä Juventukseen, niin miksi ei olisi ollut myös Arsenaliin. Cech tosin paperilla parempi maalivahti tähän päivään, mutta olisihan tässä voinut tulevaisuuteenkin katsoa. Kuitenkin kaiken lisäksi oma kasvatti, joka aina positiivista joukkuetta rakentaessa ja rakastanut seuraa koko ikänsä. Maailmanluokan maalivahdit ovat harvassa, mutta kyllä näillä huippunimilläkin pystyy saavuttamaan jotain. Sanomattakin myös selvää, että Szczesnyn kaikkea potentiaalia ei varmastikaan ole vielä nähty, vaan parhaat pelivuodet maalivahdilla vielä edessä.

Siirtosummaksi tuli €12,20m (£10,37m), joka nousee myöhemmin €15,00 miljonaan. Sopimus on 4-vuotinen.

Na_ytto_kuva_2017-07-19_kello_17.53.14.p

Jaa viesti

Wojciech Szczesny:

“I’m very happy to be here, I was expecting this day to come for two or three months.
“Have I talked to Buffon? Yes, he’s a very nice guy. I’m happy that I can train with him, he’ll be a very important person for me.
“I’m ready to play whenever I’m needed. I’ll make myself available, it won’t be a choice that bothers me, whether I play or not.
“Pressure of being Buffon’s deputy? I’m very lucky and I don’t feel the pressure. I think I can play at high levels and I’m not worried.
“I had two fantastic years at Roma and I’m grateful to the Giallorossi, but I can only say that I’m happy to be here now.
“What I can learn from Buffon? He’s a real leader in the dressing room. In football, there are no limits, there are only margins for improvement.
“At Roma, I learned how different training is [in Italy] from England. I hope to learn a lot about Juventus from a player like Buffon.
Juve have chosen me, and I’m absolutely ready to face this challenge. And Juventus are the right choice.
“Allegri? I only greeted him this morning, I’ll have time to meet him properly. I want to win, I’m here to do it.
“It’s a step forward in my career, I’m 27 and I want to win. At Juve there’s the right mentality to achieve great objectives.
“Juve deserve to win the Champions League and a player like Buffon deserves to win it.
“Juventus are always pushing to win trophies, and they have the right mentality to win trophies.
“Manolas at Juve? This is my presentation, I’m not here to talk about anything else.
“[Kamil] Glik? He told me very beautiful things about the city [of Turin]. Roma? They knew about the interest in me and my possible transfer. They were prepared for it in good time.
“I’m also here because, over time, I’ve seen that many players at Juventus have improved. It’ll also be my objective to improve.
“Have I spoken to [ex-Juve star Zbigniew] Boniek? No, I haven’t talked to him. I was absolutely convinced by this choice and I wasn’t influenced by anyone.
“I’m a Juventus player now and I have no weaknesses.”

Jaa viesti

Konstantinos Mavropanos joins the club

mavar.jpg?itok=dd5r3Qgg

Young Greek defender Konstantinos Mavropanos has signed for us.

The 20 year-old centre-back arrives from PAS Giannina, where he has made 16 Greek Super League appearances since breaking into the first team last season.

We’d like to welcome Konstantinos to the club and wish him well for the future.

Jaa viesti

All you need to know about Konstantinos Mavrapanos

kons.jpg?itok=n0msSe5t

We made our first signing of 2018 when we announced the arrival of Konstantinos Mavrapanos from PAS Giannina on Thursday evening.

The 20-year-old earned his move after impressing for the Greek Super League side this season, but what else do you need to know about our new defender?

Highly regarded in his homeland as one of the brightest talents in the Greek game, Konstantinos has made a name for himself during a breakthrough campaign for regional side PAS.

After being named on the bench for the first team’s games against Panathinaikos and Xanthi, the then-teenager made his senior debut against Agrotikos Asteras in the Greek Cup back in November 2016, playing the full 90 minutes and helping his side keep a clean sheet.

Konstantinos’ performance was rewarded with a second start against Kalloni, in which he scored his first goal, the third in PAS’ 3-1 win at Stadio Municipal.

The defender made his Greek Super League debut in the next few months and, after a string of impressive performances in PAS’ back line, established himself as an integral first-team player.

Known for his ball-winning ability and aerial prowess, Konstantinos’ 6ft 4in frame means he will be well suited to the physical demands of the Premier League. A natural leader, the 20-year-old has since added two more goals to his collection, netting against Appollon Smirnis and Lamia, and has two caps for Greece Under-21s.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Five things to know about Arsenal signing Konstantinos Mavropanos

Konstantinos Mavropanos has become Arsenal's first January signing, with a £2 million deal for the PAS Giannina centre-back completed on Thursday.

The 20-year-old is relatively unknown in England, so ESPN FC asked football writer Chris Paraskevas, who follows the Greek league and national team, to provide some insight on the defender. Here are five things to know about the new Gunner.

1. He has size and agility on his side
The first thing that stands out about Mavropanos is his size. At 6-foot-4, he is slightly taller than Liverpool's new signing Virgil van Dijk and shares some other characteristics with the £75 million Dutchman as well.

"One of the things that makes him an interesting prospect is that he matches his size and his physicality with his speed," Paraskevas said. "He's super agile for a guy that size. You would expect him to be kind of lumbering and clumsy when you first look at him, but he's actually quite nimble."

Arsenal's defence has often been criticised for not being physical enough, but Mavropanos could easily change that.

"I think Arsenal need a player who will sit at the spine of their defence and bring that uncompromising physical presence," Paraskevas added. "Mavropanos has a lot of potential and he could be the type of player that Arsenal needs in the future."

2. He could be the next Kostas Manolas?
Arsenal were among the clubs heavily linked with Roma's Greek defender Kostas Manolas in 2016, before buying Shkodran Mustafi instead. But in Mavropanos, they may have unearthed the next Manolas for a fraction of the price Roma were asking for.

"The former academy director at PAS Giannina who spotted Mavropanos at his boyhood club said recently that one of the things that stood out for him is that he now really resembles Manolas in the way he has developed. He is one of those guys who combines strength, speed and size," Paraskevas said.

"However, Manolas had much better pedigree even before leaving Greece. Mavropanos is a relative unknown from a smaller club. But I think Wenger is scared of missing out on the next Manolas. And £2m is a pretty small price to pay given that Manolas is now worth a lot more."

3. He has an aerial threat
Unsurprisingly, Mavropanos' height also makes him quite the aerial threat. He has netted three league goals this season, all of them headers from set pieces. But he's relying on more than just his physical traits to dominate in the air.

"As much as his size, it's the timing of his jumps. He has a natural ability to hang in the air and times his jumps, whether in attack or defence," Paraskevas said.

"But especially in set-piece situations going forward, his ability to jump combined with his size is what makes him such a threat. With a bit of tutoring from Arsenal's more experienced defenders, I think he can actually become a bit of a weapon."

4. He still needs to develop
Wenger gave a curt assessment of Mavropanos on Wednesday, saying "he's not ready to play for us yet." And there are still plenty of aspects the 20-year-old needs to work on before being ready for the Premier League.

"He needs to improve his technique and the tactical part of his game. But he's a very fast learner," Paraskevas said. "Another thing is the ability to deal with pressure. PAS are a small club in Greece and not a lot of is expected of them in the Greek league. So he needs to learn to deal with the pressure of being at a bigger club, and an environment where the pace is faster both on and off the pitch."

5. He will learn from a loan spell in Germany
Mavropanos is expected to be sent out on loan to Werder Bremen for the rest of the season, which could be a perfect place to grow.

"It's an absolutely necessary move to send him to Germany. Greek players have really done very well in Germany, especially defenders in the last few years," Paraskevas said. "Werder Bremen have also traditionally played a fairly attractive style of football that is similar to Arsenal's so it makes total sense."

"In Greece you have a lot more time on the ball than you will in England, so his decision making is something that will have to improve dramatically. But I think Germany is a good learning ground for that."

Jaa viesti

Kiitos Alexis, tervetuloa Henrikh.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan signs as Alexis leaves club
hm2.jpg?itok=L-tgQeqB

Henrikh Mkhitaryan has signed for us on a long-term contract in a deal which sees Alexis Sanchez join Manchester United.

Henrikh made 39 appearances while at Manchester United, scoring five times and was part of their UEFA Europa League winning squad last season. He is the captain of the Armenian national team and is their all-time top scorer. He has also received the Armenian Footballer of the Year award eight times.

The 29-year-old midfielder started his career with Armenian side FC Pyunik, where he won the Armenian Premier League on four occasions. He then moved to Ukraine where he played for Metalurh Donetsk, before joining Shakhtar Donetsk, where he made 72 appearances, winning the Ukrainian Premier League three times. In 2013, Henrikh transferred to Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga, where he made 90 appearances, during which time he was part of the 2014 German Cup winning squad.

On his move, Henrikh said: “I’m very happy that we could finish this deal and I’m very happy to be here. It’s a dream come true because I’ve always dreamed of playing for Arsenal. Now that I’m here, I’ll do my best for this club to create history.”

Arsène Wenger added: “Henrikh is a very complete player. He creates chances, he defends well, he can absorb distances and he’s very committed as well. I must say he’s a player who has all the attributes.”

As part of the transfer, Alexis has joined Manchester United.

Alexis scored 80 goals in 166 appearances during his time with us. He was part of two Emirates FA Cup-winning squads (2015 and 2017), scoring in both finals. We thank Alexis for his contribution to the club.

We welcome Henrikh to Arsenal Football Club and wish him well for his time with us.

The deal is subject to the completion of regulatory processes and Henrikh’s squad number will be confirmed soon.

Jaa viesti

Ilmeisesti Alexis ja Mkhitaryan eivät siis siirtyneet aivan suorana vaihtona, mitä epäiltiin muutenkin, vaan molemmat pelaajat arvioitiin £36 miljoonan arvoisiksi ja seurat maksoivat kyseisen siirtosumman pelaajista. Periaatteessa ei suurempaa eroa, mutta näin.

Kuten toisessa ketjussa jo totesin, niin noin £35 miljoonaa olisi sellainen summa, joka hyvin kuvastaisi molempien pelaajien markkina-arvoa tällä hetkellä ottaen huomioon pelaajien yleisen tason, sopimuksen pituuden ja iän, joten eiköhän tässä kaikki osapuolet ole tyytyväisiä.

Jaa viesti

Huoh...

Marcus McGuane joins Barcelona

marcus.jpg?itok=4fN_mTii

Marcus McGuane has agreed to join Barcelona for an undisclosed fee.

A product of our academy, Marcus joined the club at under-6 level and went on to become a mainstay of our under-23 side.

The 18-year-old midfielder also made two appearances for our first team, featuring in away wins over Red Star Belgrade and BATE Borisov in the Uefa Europa League earlier this season.

He is an England youth international having played at under-17, under-18 and under-19 level.

We would like to thank Marcus for his contribution and wish him well at Barcelona.

The transfer is subject to the completion of regulatory processes.

Jaa viesti

Tarvitsee käyttää Arsenal DNA:ta puolestaan sitten myöhemmin kuten katalonialaiset tekivät Cescin kanssa. Muutama vuosi, niin Englannin maajoukkueessa ja siellä onkin sitten mukava laittaa pelipaitaa päälle ja tuoda takaisin Lontooseen. Tietenkin, ensin tarvitsee saada Arsenalin pelaajia maajoukkueeseenkin, kun ollut nyt hiljaista.

Jaa viesti

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang signs

auba2.jpg?itok=u8nCVi9B

Welcome to Arsenal, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang!

The 28-year-old has joined us from Borussia Dortmund on a long-term contract for a club-record fee.

Our second signing of the January transfer window, Auba is one of the world’s most highly-rated strikers. He scored 98 goals in 144 Bundesliga games for Dortmund and had a hand in 172 goals in 213 matches in all competitions for his former club.

That works out at an average of 96 minutes per goal or assist.

Auba is the Gabon captain and all-time top goalscorer, and became the first Gabonese winner of the African Footballer of the Year award in 2015.

This deal is subject to the completion of regulatory processes and Auba’s squad number will be confirmed shortly.

Jaa viesti

Pleguezuelo loaned to Gimnastic de Tarragona

PLEGGY.jpg?itok=USiZqVMU

Julio Pleguezuelo will spend the rest of the season on loan with Gimnastic de Tarragona in the Spanish second division.

Our under-23s skipper made 15 appearances on loan last season with Real Mallorca. He returns to Spain to gain further first-team experience.

We’d like to wish Julio all the best for the second half of the campaign.

This deal is subject to the completion of regulatory processes.

Jaa viesti

Nyt tekee jo vähän pahaa. Kuinka paljon sitä voi yhdestä pelaajasta pitääkään.

Toivottavasti näyttää uusillekin epäilijöilleen, jotka eivät ole koskaan nähneet tarpeeksi, että mihin Oli parhaimmillaan pystyy.

Goodbye and thanks, Olivier Giroud

830433328-arsenal-v-leicester-city-premi

Olivier Giroud is leaving us after five-and-a-half years of fantastic service.

The France striker has moved across London to join Chelsea, having netted 105 goals in 253 appearances during his time with us.

Oli scored some spectacular goals in an Arsenal shirt, including THAT scorpion kick against Crystal Palace on New Year’s Day 2017.

He received a Fifa Puskas Goal of the Year for arguably the best goal we’ve seen at Emirates Stadium.

Oli also helped us to three Emirates FA Cups, scoring in our 4-0 win over Aston Villa in the 2015 final. And he scored the winning penalty - against Chelsea - in last year’s Community Shield victory at Wembley.

“Oli is a guy who gave great service to the club, he never let us down on the commitment front and he saved us many times,” said Arsène Wenger.

“We signed him from Montpellier and he became a strong, regular international player for France, and we have gone together through good and bad. But always I believe that his behaviour has been top, top class."

“He always had his heart 100 per cent in the team and he was committed.”

Oli will be missed by everyone here at Arsenal and we wish him well.

Jaa viesti

Asano to join Hannover 96 on loan

Takuma Asano has agreed to join German side Hannover 96 on loan next season.

The 23-year-old joined us in July 2016 before spending two seasons on loan at VfB Stuttgart where he scored five goals and was part of the team that gained promotion to the Bundesliga in 2017.

Before joining us, the forward spent three years with Sanfrecce Hiroshima in the J-League, where he won two league titles, three Super Cups and the 2015 'Rookie of the Year' award.

We would like to wish Takuma well for his season at Hannover 96.

The deal is subject to the completion of regulatory processes.

Asano-Japan.jpg?itok=VgZEfLta

Jaa viesti

1123x632_Sokratis.jpg?itok=ryfB-hNA

Saatiinhan tämäkin sitten tehtyä, aika sovulliseen hintaan jälleen jos transfermarktia on uskominen (16M€). En toki sen enempää ole tämänkään kaverin pelejä nähnyt, mutta Sokratis vaikuttaa profiililtaan juuri sellaiselta kovaluiselta mörssäriltä jota Arsun puolustus on jo pitkään kaivannut. Toivottavasti kreikkalainen sopii pakkaan hyvin, tilkitsee puolustuksen ainaisia reikiä, ja samalla auttaa esimerkiksi Mustafia nostamaan tasoaan vierellään. Varmaan kannattaisi vielä toinenkin toppari jostain hankkia Koscielnyn ollessa vielä pitkään lasaretissa, ellei sitten Chambersille ja Holdingille anneta lisää vastuuta.

Vähän on sellainen maku tästä tietty, että Mislintat ja muut taustajoukot ovat ottaneet ohjat täysin käsiinsä, kun Arsenalista on pikku hiljaa tehty Dortmund vol. 2. Saa nähdä mitä sieltä vielä on tulossa, Torreira taitaa ainakin olla aika lähellä. Tärkeintä olisi kuitenkin saada Ramseyn nimi paperiin.

Jaa viesti

Luo uusi käyttäjätili tai kirjaudu sisään

Sinun täytyy olla jäsen osallistuaksesi keskusteluun

Luo käyttäjätili

Rekisteröi uusi käyttäjätili helposti ja nopeasti!

Luo uusi käyttäjätili

Kirjaudu sisään

Sinulla on jo käyttäjätili?

Kirjaudu sisään