Sign in to follow this  
tomine

Huhuja

LEFT BACK...I hear it's Andy Taylor at Middlesbrough who is top of the wish list...however it has not moved on as quickly as expected...so we shall see what tomorrow brings. I don't think it could be Michael Ball and I checked Garrido a while back and was told it's not him...Bamba went missing at Hibs tonight, but he has gone home to Paris for two days. Enrique is also a bit expensive.

Remember the target is [a] cheap and willing to be a reserve.

Taylor ticks boxes as he is England's u-21 left back and young [obviously]. It could depend on the price. I am told it might be £2 million but that could be reduced. From my calls today I found out Boro would sell him. So it's up to negotiation.

As you know Chimbonda is coming and Warnock is going.

---

Bamba has definitely been given a couple of days off.

Hibs would sell. I know that for a fact.

Rovers liked him after the pre-season game and watched him at the weekend.

But I think the Chimbonda move ends that one.

However in this window you never can tell.

Tämä Bambahan on tainnut tehdä ns. Chris Suttonit :D joka peuhaili lentoemon kanssa lennolla.. tosin ei nyt tainnut ihan raskaaksi asti saatella hetken iloansa.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/08/18/exclusive-i-am-pregnant-by-hibs-star-sol-bamba-claims-stripper-86908-21604808/

---

I think some of the Warnock money has been spent already...on Salgado's wages.

There could be scope for a midfielder. But think we should leave that until tomorrow.

Got to stress that Taylor is not a done deal yet. It's at the early stages, but from my info he is favourite for the left back vacancy.

But favourites do get beaten.

---

Ajax have an interest, but that is a hard one to arrange...they wouldn't want to pay a big fee, Rovers would want good money and he is on big wages.

It really comes down to how badly out-of-favour he is with Sam. If he is not going to play you might as well get rid...

I don't think Ajax have signed anyone yet, so the door seems to be open.

Anyway.

KEVIN NOLAN...is Big Sam's first-choice target if he can raise some funds by moving out Zurab or Benni...I know two Championship clubs are trying to get the cash together for Zurab as we speak, so that could happen...and Benni is definitely available if someone wants to buy...do not discount the sale of Andrews or Grella if someone out there has a brainstorm and makes a big bid...Newcastle will let Nolan go on loan if someone pays his wages which are around £45,000-a-week...so it IS an expensive exercise...the Toon will let one or two go if money comes in...Barton is NOT on the Rovers list just now...just checked with his man and that has not changed.

That was a newsy old paragraph.

If Zurab goes you have enough defenders to cover. If Benni goes there could be a move for a striker. No idea who that might be. Andrews and Sheff U is a possible if they don't get James Harper from Reading.

BENJANI...astonishingly more likely to go to Notts County [fair play to They Think It's All Rover] for the early stab at that...he turned down Hull and says Rovers want him...I don't think so...his thigh injury may yet kill off any move at all.

Going off-topic, but for anyone interested.

TURNER...Sunderland have agreed a deal with him, but Nosworthy could go as part of the package...although his wages are big...McCartney is also being mentioned...smell a bit of skullduggery here as Brentford are due a slice of the Turner deal...so his final price may need to be scrutinised.

COUSIN...Burnley hopeful...bet you hope that happens for the endless gags...Your Cousin is your Cousin etc etc.

TOTTENHAM...going slightly mad...James should happen, Kranjcar might, if not maybe Petrov...shocked if Bentley is moved to Man City in any shape or form.

BOLTON...should get Klasnic...only got one kidney...but passed a medical yesterday and went back to France to score for Nantes tonight...interesting signing.

EMANA...won't be going anywhere and threatening to go on strike...he says Bolton bid for him and not Rovers...and., of course, he speaks the truth.

EVERTON...Heitinga wants too much dough, so that may collapse...one of their agents has lined up a replacement...but that might happen AFTER the window shuts...and that's a big clue.

So that's yer lot. If you move out one or two there could be one - or maybe even two in.

Deadlines are not what they used to be.

----

Fulham on tehnyt aiemmin Keith Andrewsista tarjouksen.. samoin Morten Gamst Perdersenistä on Olympiakos, jotka on myöskin hylätty aikaisemmin.

Why did we knock Fulham back for Andrews then if we are prepared to let him go?

The bid was too low at the time...the chance was lost...I think the manager would sacrifice him now to get the money in...no idea who would pay it, mind you,

Ilmeisesti Aruna Dindanen kesäinen siirto alkais olemaan viimeisiä ponnistuksia vaille..

Lens officials and the agent were over on Monday.

The player was in for a medical on Wednesday.

Big Sam was talking it up on Thursday.

The two teams play tomorrow, so I suspect we will get an announcement after that...

Pompey need him cleared - by Lens and Rovers - to play in the FA Cup semi next weekend.

So I imagine we will see the deal done sooner rather than later.

DINDANE...there seems to be a question mark with his medical and that is causing some discussion about the size of the fee and how it should be paid...not dead yet, but not done either...Lens are reluctant to drop his price too much, so this may have a bit of negotiating to happen before it is finalised.

LEWANDOWSKI...the Polish guy ticks the boxes and has been watched on a regular basis, but the word is he is too dear at £6 million and 'bigger clubs' may be keen...so...

MAURO BOSELLI...a very good Argentinian striker is now on the radar...there are a couple of scouts going over in the hope of watching him later this week...good player, pretty expensive...but there seems to be budget for a top striker which can only be good news.

DINDANE...Avram Grant wants Lens to let him play for Portsmouth for the rest of the season...he thinks that would put him in the shop window and 'get a bigger price'...which seems to have struck a chord because Lens may let Dindane play again for Pompey...the clubs are talking about how many games this could be for...Lens say one [the FA Cup final], Portsmouth say the lot...

The bottom line for Rovers is that they have obviously NOT agreed a fee and Lens are looking for more than has been discussed or offered.

This one is going to drag.

PAUL INCE...will get the bump at MK Dons...possibly tonight, possibly in the morning...the official reason will be cost-cutting...

The top target is Robert Lewandowski.

I understand that an approach has now been made to find out if he will come. Borussia Dortmund seem to be the opposition.

The price may be in the £5 - 6 million range but that is not too bad staggered over a few years.

I think the plan is to see if Rovers can get this guy before anything else. If you get him at the right price then Dindane could also come in later.

This one seems to be the priority now - and for the time being.

I don't know much about the chap, but his profile and goals record looks good and he has been watched several times.

And if the worst comes to the worst he could also be quite handy if there is a problem with the plumbing.

The top target is Robert Lewandowski.

I understand that an approach has now been made to find out if he will come. Borussia Dortmund seem to be the opposition.

The price may be in the £5 - 6 million range but that is not too bad staggered over a few years.

I think the plan is to see if Rovers can get this guy before anything else. If you get him at the right price then Dindane could also come in later.

This one seems to be the priority now - and for the time being.

I don't know much about the chap, but his profile and goals record looks good and he has been watched several times.

And if the worst comes to the worst he could also be quite handy if there is a problem with the plumbing.

Newsnow sivulla artikkeli jossa mainitaan B Dortmundin sopineen suullisesti puolalaisen siirrosta. Hinnaksi kerrotaan 5ME, luulisi että Roversilla olisi tuohon rahkeita? Lisäksi olen antanut ymmärtää itselleni että Rovers olisi pelaajan

oma suosikki?

Newsnow sivulla artikkeli jossa mainitaan B Dortmundin sopineen suullisesti puolalaisen siirrosta. Hinnaksi kerrotaan 5ME, luulisi että Roversilla olisi tuohon rahkeita? Lisäksi olen antanut ymmärtää itselleni että Rovers olisi pelaajan

oma suosikki?

Viime kesänä ostivat Kalinicin ja siihen uppos £6m joten saas nähdä ovatko oikeasti noinkin suuren puntapinon pistämässä tiskiin pelkästään toiseen kärkimieheen, jonka sopeutumisesta ei kuitenkaan mitään takeita … tuon jälkeen kärkikaksikko, joka ei välttämättä edes samaanaikaan kentällä palloilis (taktiikan takia ?) maksais (siirtokorvauksien perusteella) melkeinpä yhtä paljon kuin koko muu joukkue yhteensä. Jos Rovers kuitenkin tuollaiset viis milliä on valmis mieheen laittamaan niin Allardyce todella uskoo tuohon jätkään ja aivan helkatin lujasti.

Keskikentällekin kuitenkin tarvittaisiin uutta verta vähintään yhtä kipeästi kuin kärkeen, joten yhteen kärkimieheen melkeinpä koko siirtokassan laittaminen tällä hetkellä kuulostais hitusen oudolta..

..Andrews oli kait viime matsissa fanien kanssa ”lähellä” nyrkkimatsin ottamista ensin viskattuaan juomapullolla jotain naiskatsojaa, joten luulis tuon (toivottavasti) tarkoittavan kesällä siirtoa muualle :smile: Pedersen mahdollisesti lähtee tai jää.. jos lähtee ei tule mitään siirtokorvausta, jos jää niin palkka sitten taasen suhteellisen suuri viime kausien esityksiin nähden.. tällöin keskikentän keskelle jäis kaksikko Nzonzi & Grella.. kumpainenkin hyökkässuuntaan suhteellisen heikkoja ja jälkimmäinen tuskin ikinä pelikunnossa..

..millään hätävara työjuhtakaakki Emertonilla siinä keskellä ei oikein mennä taas yhtikäs mihinkään (miehen taso tuntuu muutenkin romahtaneen loukkaantumisten jälkeen) jos pitäis jotain tehokkuutta joukkueeseen saada luotua ja paniikkia vastustajien pöksyihin.

Hyvin paljolti tietysti riippuu millaiseen suuntaan aletaan taktiikkaa viemään ? Jatketaanko yhdellä puhtaalla kärjellä (4-4-1-1 / 4-5-1) ja siinä kärjen alapuolella häärää jokin hyökkäävämpi keskikenttä (Dunn, Basturk ? tyyliin). Vai lähdetäänkö hakemaan jotain sellaista jota ei tällä ei vielä Allardyce Rovers pestin aikana ole nähty ?

Puolustus lienee tällä hetkellä se kohta jonne luulis vähiten liikehdintää tapahtuvan ? vaikka sielläkin ajoittain hommat hanskassa mutta hanskat hukassa (kelvollisesti aloittanut Chimbonda on romahtanut totaalisesti).. alkukankeuksien jälkeen Salgado on ollut jopa yllättävän kelvollinen, toki erittäin hidas mutta noin muutoin vaikuttaa viimeisen päälle ammattimainen asenne olevan enempi kuin kohdallaan ja sillä jo mennään suhteellisen pitkälle vielä kun sitä kovuutta sen verran löytyy kuitenkin.. Emertonin vois tipauttaa oikeaksi laitapakiksi takaisin taistelemaan yhdessä espanjalaisen kanssa, siellä se ei pysty tuhoamaan kaikkia hyökkäysiä ja juutti Jacobsen on alkanut valittaa katsomossa istumisen tylsyyttä.

Hyökkäyksessä tulee varmasti tapahtumaan muutoksia ja keskikentällä pitäisi mutta pahoin pelkään että Allardyce ei juuri keskikentästä välitä ja miehelle tuntuu olevan ihan yksi lysti minkälaista hiippailijaa siellä säheltää menemään.. toivottavasti kuitenkin Hoilett tulisi ensi kaudella tekemään todellisen läpimurtonsa jotta laitaan tulisi todellista nopeutta, jolloin äärimmäisen hidasta Dioufia ei tarvitisisi peluuttaa ja Pedersen nyt ei ole enää pitkään aikaan laidalla esittänyt yhtikäs mitään.

Cisse joins Rovers hit list

Blackburn Rovers, 15:14, April 25, 2010

Djibril Cisse is reportedly a transfer target for Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce as he looks to strengthen his side's attack.

The News of the World claims the Rovers boss has made a £6.5m bid for the former Liverpool striker, who spent last season on loan with Sunderland.

Allardyce is interested in bringing Cisse back to England after seeing him score an impressive 22 goals in 27 games for Panathinaikos this term.

However, he may need to up his offer if he wants to get his man, with a £12m buy-out existing in the 28-year-old's contract.

Rovers are also thought to be fighting it out with Everton for the signature of Getafe striker Roberto Soldado according to the same newspaper.

The former Real Madrid ace is valued at £8million after scoring 12 goals in La Liga this season and has two years left on his contract.

His agent said: "This is not the first time I have had calls about Soldado.

"I tell the clubs to speak to Getafe directly because they have not told me whether they will be willing to sell him in the summer.

"He is happy where he is for now but he wants a bigger challenge in the future."

Soldado has represented Spain at every level and has two caps for the full side, but has missed periods of this season with a knee injury.

Kovia nimiä...mutta ihmettelen kyllä mistä näihin saatais rahaa ku ei vaikuta tohon puolalaiseen edes olla rahoja

"Cisse joins Rovers hit list

Blackburn Rovers, 15:14, April 25, 2010

Djibril Cisse is reportedly a transfer target for Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce as he looks to strengthen his side's attack.

The News of the World claims the Rovers boss has made a £6.5m bid for the former Liverpool striker, who spent last season on loan with Sunderland.

Allardyce is interested in bringing Cisse back to England after seeing him score an impressive 22 goals in 27 games for Panathinaikos this term.

However, he may need to up his offer if he wants to get his man, with a £12m buy-out existing in the 28-year-old's contract.

Rovers are also thought to be fighting it out with Everton for the signature of Getafe striker Roberto Soldado according to the same newspaper.

The former Real Madrid ace is valued at £8million after scoring 12 goals in La Liga this season and has two years left on his contract.

His agent said: "This is not the first time I have had calls about Soldado.

"I tell the clubs to speak to Getafe directly because they have not told me whether they will be willing to sell him in the summer.

"He is happy where he is for now but he wants a bigger challenge in the future."

Soldado has represented Spain at every level and has two caps for the full side, but has missed periods of this season with a knee injury."

Kovia nimiä...tosin mistä näihin löydettäis rahat ku Lewandowskiin ei rahkeet riitä...

Kovia nimiä...tosin mistä näihin löydettäis rahat ku Lewandowskiin ei rahkeet riitä...

News of the World lähteenä kertookin itsessään jo kaiken oleellisen..

..siellä näyttää nämä tietyt samat nimet pyörivän heidän huhuarvontalottokoneessa Vuodesta Toiseen yhdistettynä Roversiin, liekö viereinen kone sitten arpoo niille hinnat.

Erään kroatialaisen kaverin kanssa oli tuossa eilen varsin pitkät ja erittäin mielenkiintoiset keskustelut tuosta Nikola Kalinicista ja hänen mielestään Nikola tarvitsee ehdottomasti vierelleen toisen kärkimiehen ja nopean jotta kroaatista saataisiin parhaat tehot irti.. oli muuten Niko kuulemma ajoittain joutunut siellä Hajduk Splitissä niiden omien fanien ”hampaisiin” sen takia kun oli ajoittain joidenkin mielestä liian laiska paiskimaan töitä .. sitä siinä hänelle hämmästelin ja kerroin että aika eri meininki ollut Roversissa.. kun heppuhan in vetänyt ihan mielettömän työmäärän Roversin yksinäisenä kärkenä ja vääntää, taistelee, juoksee tarvittaessa painii jne.. eikä todellakaan ole ensimmäisenä luovuttamassa.. joten tuollaisena nopeana kärkenä tuohon nyt periaatteessa Cisse/Dindane vois sopia sit ? tuosta puolalaisesta en mene takuuseen mutta räjähtävä nopeus ja sähäkkyys ei käsittääkseni sen parhaita ominaisuuksia..

..jätkä luetteli muutaman mielenkiintoisen muunkin nuoren kroaattipelaajan (hyökkäyspään) nimen niiden omasta sarjasta joita kannattaa pitää tulevaisuuden varalle silmällä, eräs niistä pelaa myöskin tuolla kreikan sarjassa jossa Cisse paukutellut maaleja..

.. sitten oli Ibricic’stä juttua, sehän pyöri viime tammikuussa ärhääkkästi huhuissa mut on nyt kadonnut tyystiin, on sitten taasen enempi Dunn tyylinen pelaaja ja melkoisen hidas mutta taitava (hyökkäävä keskikenttä) ja kuulemma tällä hetkellä siellä fanien lemmikki-lellikki-poika ja kovasti toivoi ettei kukaan miestä nappais pois, ”ei edes” Rovers.

Tovottavasti ei kummiskaan Dindane mies ku ei varmaan tekis maaleja edes championshipissä...

Dindane on kuluvalla kaudella toistaiseksi tehnyt 9 maalia ja käynyt 22 eri matsissa kentällä pyörähtämässä. Joten yksikään varsinainen Rovers hyökkääjä ei tuohon maalimäärään ole päässyt tällä kaudella.. tietysti tiedä sitten kertooko tuo enempi Roversin kärkien tasosta vai Dindanesta tai vaihtoehtoisesti lopulta ei oikeastaan yhtään mistään. Noin muutoin en itse ole kovinkaan tarkasti koskaan tullut seurattua miten noin muutoin norsunluurannikkolainen on pelannut ? Yleisesti monet tuntuvat juuri tuota maalintekotaitoa hänen suurena heikkona lenkkinä pitämään..

..toisaalta jos haluaa sellaisen pelaajan joka ”takuuvarmasti” latoo maalia suhteellisen usein niin sellaisia lienee maailmassa muutama ja hintaluokka lienee jostain 50 millistä ylöspäin.

Ideana tuossa oli lähinnä se että tuollainen nopea kärki sopisi ilmeisesti Kalinicille parhaiten, joka varmasti auttaisi kroaattia omalta osaltaan heiluttamaan verkkoja useammin.. tällä hetkellä jää täysin yksin siellä kärjessä, tosin käsittämättömän monta kertaa on muuten tolppaa tai ylärimaa kolisutellut.. melkeinpä joka pelissä joten hitusen paremmalla sihdilla tai ripauksella onnea vois tuollaiset ainakin kuusi/seitsemän maalia olla lisää maalisarakkeessa tällä hetkellä enemmän pojalla.. pari maalia on kans hylätty täysin aiheetta. Kaikkein tärkeintä tällä hetkellä kuitenkin että potentiaalia tuossa jätkässä maalintekoon on paljon..

..eri asia tuleeko kuitenkaan sen parhaat ominaisuudet valjastettua käyttöön Allardycen suosimissa taktisissa kuvioissa. Tosin jotkut arvelivat että mahdollisesti ois enempi sitten laidassa erittäin hyökkäävässä roolissa viiden keskikentällä jos sattuis tulemaan.. eikä Big Sam aio miehestä kovin kummoista summaa pulittaa ja koko ajan koettaa hilata hintaa mahdollisimman alas.

Arsenal scout Blackburn Rovers pair Steven N'Zonzi & Phil Jones - report

29 Apr 2010 08:21:00

Buzz It

Arsene Wenger, the long-serving Arsenal manager. (Getty Images)

Photo Gallery

Zoom

Arsene Wenger, the long-serving Arsenal manager. (Getty Images)

Related Links

Teams

* Arsenal

* Blackburn Rovers

Players

* Phil Jones

* Steven N'Zonzi

Arsenal's chief scout Steve Rowley watched Blackburn Rovers youngsters Steven N'Zonzi and Phil Jones in action at the weekend with a view to making them transfer targets for the Gunners, according to a report from The Daily Mail.

Jones, 18, turned in a mature display at centre-back for Rovers in the 1-1 draw with Wolverhampton Wanderers at Molineux, whilst midfielder N'Zonzi has been compared to Patrick Vieira in his style of dominant midfield play.

N'Zonzi has played in the majority of games for Rovers since his move from French outfit Amiens last summer.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has apparently targeted players with Premier League experience as he looks to reinforce his side.

The Frenchman asserted earlier this week that he was keen to tie up deals for "definite" transfer targets before this summer's World Cup in South Africa.

Näistä varmaan 20M Englannin rahaa, ja vielä on Lingazi odottamassa...

Näistä varmaan 20M Englannin rahaa, ja vielä on Lingazi odottamassa...

Lienee puhdasta agenttien paskan jauhantaan liittyvää turhanpäiväistä höpinää tuo Nzonzi & Jones linkitys sekä siinä sivussa roskalehtien sivuille jotain täytettä.

Toinen on pelannut ihan kohtalaisen tuloskaskauden keskikentällä, odotuksiin nähden paremman kuin mitä kukaan uskalti odottaa ja joutui pakonsanelemana pelaamaan enempi kuin varmasti olisi ollut tarkoitus.. yleensä se toinen kausi vaikeampi kun odotusarvot ovat aivan toisella tasolla. Jos pelaa toisen kauden ja pystyy tasoaan nostamaan niin sitten ehkä joku ostotarjous saattaa ilmoille ilmaantuakin.

Jones on pelannut pari mainiota peliä ukkojen tasolla ja siinä se.. Samban parina erinomainen ja Nelsenin parina ollut ajoittain pientä haparointia havaittavissa. Kunhan nyt edes pelaisi kokonaisen kauden ja sais vakiinnutettua paikkansa ukkojen edustuksessa .. toistaiseksi aivan turha vielä mitää ylisuurta hypetystä jätkästä luoda..

..toki jos pystyy tuosta kehittymään niin jossain vaiheessa suuremmat areenat saattavat tätä jätkää kutsua. Sellainen kunnon vanhanajan tyylipuhdas toppari joka katkoo armotta vastustajien hyökkäykset, tarpeeksi nopea jalalla, todella oikea-aikaisesti iskee kiinni ja vie pallon armotta vihulaisen nenänedestä tai pysäyttää niiden matkanteon siihen paikkaan.. vetelee upeita liukutaklauksia ja pääpelikin tuntuu olevan tarpeeksi hyvällä mallilla.

”Kymmenien miljoonien” hintalapusta voitaneen tällä hetkellä ottaa aika reippaasti pois. Ensi kauden jälkeen sitten on kaikki taatusti viisaampia..

..Linganzi nyt ei ole vielä edes miesten pelejä pelannut.

..Linganzi nyt ei ole vielä edes miesten pelejä pelannut.

Sitä ei kai kukaan ole väittänytkään...

Jos Duff:sta maksettiin 14 milliiä niin nmiten muka kahdesta todella lupaavasta pelaajasta muka ei sais 10 milli per nuppi

Jos Duff:sta maksettiin 14 milliiä niin nmiten muka kahdesta todella lupaavasta pelaajasta muka ei sais 10 milli per nuppi

Duff oli tuolloin pelannut jo melkoisen monta kautta noita ukkojen pelejä, joten sinänsä mitään ihan ”puolikkaan kauden komeettaa” tai ”viiden pelin ihmettä” eivät tuolloin riveihinsä hankkineet .. ja ostaja oli Chelsea jonka namusedäksi oli juuri hetkeä aiemmin tullut eräs velivenäläinen joka kukkaronnyörejä tuolloin melkoisen avonaisesti availi heti kättelyssä.

Ranskassahan tuota Nzonzia pidettiin sellaisena perusjunnuna, jolle ei sinänsä todella suurta tulevaisuutta ja tietä tähtiin siellä suunnalla nähty kunnolla avautuvan. Eikä kait mitenkään erityisesti erottunut edukseen sikäläisessä kakkosdivarissa, jonkin sortin potentiaalisena jäbikkänä pitivät ja olihan tuolla nyt joitain U21 maajoukkuepelejä nyt kuitenkin vyöllään.

Jones signs new five-year deal at Blackburn Rovers

8:42pm Tuesday 4th May 2010

* Print

* Email

* Comments(15)

* Photograph of the Author

* By Andy Cryer »

DEFENDER Phil Jones has signed a new long-term contract with Blackburn Rovers.

The 18-year-old has penned a five-year deal that sees him contracted to the Ewood Park club until the summer of 2015.

Jones, a product of the Rovers Academy, signed his first professional contract with Blackburn in September 2009.

Now the teenager has been rewarded further after a string of superb performances in the heart of Blackburn's defence over the past two months.

Hyviä uutisia, mies on vasta 23-v ku soppari loppuu mutta toivottavasti jatkaa sitä sen jälkeenkin

Nyt selvisi perimmäinen syy Salgadon viimeisen kuukausien puheille mitä on erinäisiin medioihin jaellut. Ollut nimittäin sellaista hehkutusta ja ylistystä niin seurasta kuin muutoinkin elämästä pelikentän ulkopuolella.. ja toivoi että jokunen pelaaja Espanjan suunnalta kokeilisi Valioliigan menoa..

..mies on Gutin hyvä kaveri ja kyseinen pelaajahan on vapailla papereilla nyt sitten liikenteessä. Joten siinäpä sitä olisi enemmän kuin Allardycemäinen ”kepillä jäätä” kokeilu ja varmasti parempaa markkinointi heppua ei tähän asiaan ole kuin Salgado joka viime viikolla käväsikin Madridissa ilmeisesti jätkän kanssa keskustelemassa.

Rovers sinänsä tarvitsisi kieltämättä Gutin kaltaista heppua keskikentälle peliä värkkäilemään mutta ikää kuitenkin 33 ja onko kuitekaan sellainen pelaaja tyyppi joka sumusaarilla pärjäisi ? Salgado kuitenkin on sellainen ”kahjo” jässikkä ollut aina että kun alun jälkeen tempoon tottui niin kovuuden puolesta ei ollut mitään ongelmia.

Ainakin Galatasaray ollut myös erittäin kiinnostunut ja taatusti tulee maksamaan parempaa palkkaa ja varmasti useampi muukin seura ehätetään jätkään vielä linkittää hyvinkin pikaisesti.

Blackburn Rovers interested in signing Rapid Vienna striker Nikica Jelavic - report

21 Jun 2010 08:18:00

Buzz It

Sam Allardyce has been named the new manager of Blackburn Rovers.

Photo Gallery

Zoom

Sam Allardyce has been named the new manager of Blackburn Rovers.

Related Links

Teams

* Blackburn Rovers

* Rapid Wien

Players

* Nikica Jelavic

Blackburn Rovers are believed to be interested in procuring the services of Rapid Vienna striker Nikica Jelavic.

The 24-year-old put in several stellar displays for his club last season, performing admirably on the European stage as well - scoring four goals and making an assist in six appearances in the Europa League.

Now The Mirror reports that Rovers are set to watch their target during pre-season, with a view to a potential move.

It is said that manager Sam Allardyce views Jelavic as a prospective striking partner to fellow Croatian Nikola Kalinic at Ewood Park.

The pair are not unfamiliar with each other, as they both spent two years playing together at Hajduk Split.

Tällaista jätkää huhuillaan meille, Kalinicin kanssa pelannut aikaisemminkin mikä ei varmaankaan ole haitaksi.

Blackburn Rovers hold talks with former Rangers striker Boyd

July 01, 2010 | Transfer gossip | 0 Comments | Bookmark and Share

Kris Boyd

Kris Boyd

Related Links

Clubs

Newcastle UnitedMiddlesbrough FCBlackburn RoversGlasgow Rangers

Players

Kris Boyd

Who or What Where

Sam Allardyce has held talks with Kris Boyd as Blackburn Rovers become the latest club linked with the former Rangers hitman.

26-year-old Boyd announced that he was leaving Rangers at the end of last season, saying, "But it's time to leave Scottish football. I need a fresh challenge."

A free agent as of today, Boyd is the SPL's all-time top scorer and scored an impressive 26 goals for Rangers last season. His goals have been crucial in securing two successive titles for Rangers under manager Walter Smith.

Birmingham City were thought to be favourites to sign Boyd, but have withdrawn their interest as Boyd would apparently not be guaranteed first-team football at St Andrews which he is unlikely to accept.

Newcastle United and Middlesbrough are also reported to be interested in Boyd. Newcastle boss Chris Hughton knows that a proven goalscorer would boost the Toon's Premier League survival chances, while Middlesbrough manager Gordon Strachan hopes that Boyd's goals would help fire his side to promotion.

According to The Sun, Allardyce has gone one step further than his rivals and actually held talks with Boyd about a potential move to Ewood Park. Blackburn Rovers currently have a somewhat threadbare attack and the addition of Boyd would be a significant addition.

Samoja nimiä ne jaksaa jauhaa päivästä toiseen tuo lehdistö.. mitä ne suunnilleen jo viis vuotta sitten on Roversiin liittänyt..

..liekö Kris Boyd’kin lomailemassa Arabi-Emiraateissa ? kun on kuulemma Sam Allardycen kanssa asiasta keskustellut. Big Sam on ainakin lomalla siellä huitelemassa vielä tovin, omilla teillään.

Joukkuehan jo suurimmassa määrin palasi treenailemaan kunto- ja apuvalmentajien opein, virallisilta sivuilta löytyy kuvia mukava satsi jos haluaa niitä kahtella..

Posted Image

Joku trialisti siellä on menossa jo nyt.. kun kohta Itävaltaan suuntaavat niin siellä kait liittyy toinenkin (liekö useampiakin) kokelas/kokelaita mukaan menoon ja meininkiin. Itävaltaan pitäis sitten itse managerinkin saapua ja joukkue taasen tavata.. eka harkkamatsi on jo 10.7. ja vastassa SK Sturm Graz.

Mitä Rangersiin noin muutoin tulee tuosta Boydista puheen ollen niin joukkeethan pelaavat turnauksessa Australiassa vastakkain ennen kuin heinäkuu mennyttä aikaa ois.

Posted Image

Blackburn Rovers boss Sam Allardyce is closing in on solving his striker shortage with verbal discussions over his main target having already begun.

The Lancashire Telegraph has revealed over the past couple of days how free agent Kris Boyd and Lyon striker Frederic Piquionne are on Allardyce’s radar but it is understood neither are his immediate priority.

It is believed deals are there to be done for both front men but Rovers have yet to make an official move for either as Allardyce focuses his attention elsewhere.

Former Rangers man Boyd is unlikely to be prepared to wait much longer though, with a host of other clubs interested in his signing, and sources close to the player believe Rovers will ‘miss the boat’.

Frenchman Piquionne could remain on the market for a while longer though with his move to West Brom understood to have broken down.

Another striker linked with Rovers in the past couple of days has been Ghana’s World Cup star Asamoah Gyan but the Lancashire Telegraph understand any move for him is highly unlikely.

While any deal for a striker is still some way from being sorted, Allardyce has narrowed down his options over the last couple of days and is believed to now know who he wants.

There is no rush to bring him in before Rovers return from Austria, with the player in question understood to be in pre-season training at another club, but Allardyce is keen to finalise his squad as soon as possible.

Out of favour defender Zurab Khizanishvili has not travelled to Austria with the rest of Rovers’ squad as his Ewood future continues to be shrouded in uncertainty.

The Georgian has to date been unable to find a new club despite being told by Rovers he has no future in East Lancashire.

Meanwhile Rovers’ Australian duo Ryan Nelsen and Brett Emerton have expressed their excitement about the club’s involvement in the inaugural Sydney Festival of Football later this month.

As well as playing their Aussie hosts, Rovers will face Glasgow Rangers and AEK Athens in a round robin tournament and it will be the first time their World Cup stars meet up again with their Premier League club.

“The world cup was an incredible experience, something I will remember forever, but now it’s back to business with Blackburn Rovers,” Nelsen said.

“I’m really looking forward to heading across to Sydney for the Festival of Football and I know the lads back in the UK are too.

“It’s an exciting concept and there are certain to be no easy games with Rangers and AEK Athens FC amongst the strongest clubs in Europe.”

Emerton added: “Events like these are vital if Australia is to host the 2022 World Cup.

“Everybody knows Sydney is a beautiful city, but there are football purists out there that would rather the game’s showpiece event go elsewhere. This is an opportunity for Sydney to stand up and show the world we are a footballing country worthy of hosting the World Cup.”

Rovers players can expect some new approaches to training this summer with boss Allardyce keen to stay ahead of the game when it comes to fitness.

“I can only see a lot of promise along the way for the Rovers. There are some new things lined up for the players this season and this includes blood testing and making sure the blood is in peak condition so that the players can recover in good time,” said Allardyce.

“A lot of emphasis will go on massages, ice baths and recovery therapy so that the players are always in prime shape to deliver,”

Brazilian defender Rodrigo Araújo, formerly of Portuguese side Boavista, is understood to have linked up with the Rovers squad in Austria on trial.