Golden Age Milanista

Milan 2018-2019, kuka on herra Elliot?

Tänään Milanin pelit jatkuu klo 21.30 Suomen aikaa, kun Roma saapuu San Sirolle.

Romalla oli aika vilkas sirtokesä takana. Joukkueesta lähti mm. Alisson Liverpooliin, Radja Nainggolan Interiin ja Kevin Strootman Marseilleen. Tuloijoina on ollut mm. Steven Nzonzi, Javier Pastore, Justin Kluivert, Patrik Schick sekä Robin Olsen. Eli vaihtuuvuutta on ollut ja se varmaan näkyy Roman pelissä jonkin verran, mutta tuskin silti on heille mitään katastrofia odotettavissa.

Siltä se aina näytä alkukauden sarjan perusteella. Roma on sarjassa 5, kun on pelattu 2 peliä. Roma voitti avauksessa Torinon vieraissa 0-1 ja pelasi Atalantan kanssa tasurin 3-3 viime kierroksella.

Gattuson kommentit:

The match
"AS Roma have changed since last time we faced them, and we too are different. I would like to see my team play as they did for the first 55 minutes against Napoli. However, AS Roma are an opponent with different characteristics. They have fast and decisive players. We have to be careful with Dzeko and with their set pieces as well. Yet, we need to focus on our game and keep our composure at all times.

Bouncing back
"We like to play on the opposite end. It's not true that our defence plays too deep. We just need to push forward as soon as we get rid of the opponents' pressure. We suffered a burning defeat at Napoli and we need to bounce back. I was pleased to see the boys work so hard during the week. We play at home, there will be 60,000 fans at San Siro and we have to do everything to avoid making the mistakes we made in Naples.

Higuain and Calhanoglu
"Higuain makes us play better and allows us to go high up the pitch. I'm very satisfied with his past performance. Yet, we know that we have to give him more support in the last 20 meters. Calhanoglu can be a solution. Very often he cuts back and makes dangerous crosses into the heart of the area, that can make the difference. When Higuain had the ball (at Napoli), he almost never lost it. When we reach high up the pitch, we must find him.

On Bakayoko
"Some people misunderstood what I said about Bakayoko. I noticed he was upset when I saw him in training after last match. I didn't blame him. I never point at my players. I meant that it's not easy to play in a new league and get used to new working methods. He needs time, that's all. Bakayoko and this team have already improved a lot and I'm happy.

On the other signings
"Will Caldara play from the start? Tomorrow we'll see. Laxalt can play in different positions but he has only been with us for two weeks. Samu Castillejo is a player who can decide games. He is both fast and skillful. It's impressive. He is getting used to a new working methodology but he is settling well. He laughs and jokes and works very hard too. He can give us something special.

On the system of play
"Our problem is not tactical, it goes beyond that. The team can play in a 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 or 4-3-2-1. My players can do anything and we'll see with time if changes are necessary. For now, we will go on playing in the same system. Moreover, our ball possession has to improve but what matters the most is that we keep our composure during the whole match even if we make a mistake".

Roman valmentajan Eusebio Di Francescon kommentit:

How's the team doing after Monday's draw against Atalanta?

“We're all a bit disappointed with our first-half display but we're pleased we managed to get ourselves back in the game: it wasn't looking at all good at one stage. We ended up almost winning it but in any case it's a point gained. We must learn from it and try to work on the many mistakes we made, especially in the first half.”

Have you worked out why you produced two such differing displays in the first and second half?

“It's lots of things together but mainly because we were up against a team that was sharper than us both mentally and physically. I wasn't expecting it, to be honest. We had an extra day to prepare as we played on Monday but my players weren't at their best. Fortunately, we sorted ourselves out in the end. The funny thing is we ran just as much as they did but we didn't run well. Now I want to see a great response against AC Milan.”

Have you decided what formation you're going to use? 

“You can choose a formation but it all goes up in smoke if you're not aggressive, determined, focused and committed as a team – that's what matters most at the top end of the game and it was something we lacked in the first half playing 4-3-3.

"How you set the team up is relative if you don't play with those attributes. I'm not going to tell you how we'll play tomorrow but it's vital we don't lose too many duels.”

Are Steven Nzonzi and Rick Karsdorp fully match fit?

“They haven't got 90 minutes in them but they could both start the game. I'll pick the side I feel is best suited to play against AC Milan.”

Will Patrik Schick get more playing time this season?

“That question doesn't mean much to me because the team comes before anything else. Schick is a great player with a specific set of skills. He could start or come on as a sub. He had some good chances in the last game.”

Are Federico Fazio and Aleksandar Kolarov not up to speed yet after the World Cup? 

“Atalanta were very strong in the first half but Fazio and Kolarov weren't the only two not at their best. Obviously the lads who were at the World Cup are a touch behind the others in terms of fitness but they're important players for us and they need to get minutes under their belts. It was only the second game of the season – I'd be worried if we'd hit top gear already at this stage.”

Do you think Kevin Strootman's departure before the match might have affected the team mentally?

“I didn't even hear the lads mention him. I spoke to Kevin and we said goodbye. He was keen to try something new and I want players who really want to play for this club and give everything they've got. Kevin did that right till the end but when a player asks to move, I'm not going to force him to stay. The team and those who want to play for the club always come first.”

Was it a lack of motivation [against Atalanta]?

“The players were motivated and I was expecting a different performance myself. I took off two lads [Bryan Cristante and Lorenzo Pellegrini] who are the future of Roma and Italy but it was a tactical choice. I had decisions to make and they're the ones who lost out but they need protecting.

"We've only played two games and people are criticising already – it's too early for that. I need to be more level-headed myself: I shouldn't have hit the dugout like that and I've learnt from it. I was worked up and angry because I could see we weren't able to play our football. I'm more interested in solutions than chat and I hope to find the right ones.”

Were your fitness levels affected by going on tour?

“It can have an effect on you but we were lucky because we were able to train well. Perhaps we needed a few more games. Atalanta have played lots of matches already and that's no minor detail. They've been able to rotate a lot.

"When they saw the Atalanta line-up, the lads said, “They've made a lot of changes and that might be a good thing.” To which I replied: “Let's see at the end of the game.” We were all surprised by the way things went. A lot of it is in the head. That brilliant goal by [Javier] Pastore should have motivated us more but instead the opposite happened.”

What do you think of the criticism from a small section of the fans?

“It's my job to try and stoke enthusiasm. We were in a worse situation last year. You get criticism in Rome because so many people talk about the club. You don't always need to be partisan but you should be level-headed. My job is to protect the players and take the team as far as it can possibly go.

"Time will be the judge of what we do. People quickly forget what you've done. Sometimes we get judged for things that aren't true, or at the very least are stretched. We've got four points on the board – not one, two or three like last season. We're in a better league position than we were this time last year.”

Do you have the players to play 4-3-3?

“We can play lots of different systems and having players who can play in different positions is an advantage. Is it a sign of weakness or intelligence when you change formation? People make it out to be whatever they want. I have to find solutions. If something's not working, I try to change it and I personally I see that as a sign of intelligence, not weakness. If there's a problem, you fix it. It's a fine line, though: if you don't take risks, you're never wrong. But I'm here to take responsibility.”

Can Steven Nzonzi and Daniele De Rossi play together?

Of course they can. I said that before and they proved it by playing well together in the second half.”

What was it exactly that didn't work well on Monday? Your pressing game?

“If you look back at the goal when [Duvan] Zapata stole the ball off [Kostas] Manolas, we'd pressed them superbly and forced their defender to hoof it long. Kostas had the ball and was about to play it back to the keeper then they scored. Not all our pressing was bad but you have to do it aggressively and with conviction. That's something we lacked at times.”

A.C. Milan  - A.S. Roma

Gattuson miehistö:

Maalivahdit:
Donnarumma A., Donnarumma G., Reina

Puolustajat:
Abate, Calabria, Caldara, Laxalt, Musacchio, Rodriguez, Romagnoli, Simic.

Keskikenttäpelaajat:
Bakayoko, Bertolacci, Biglia, Bonaventura, Kessie, Mauri

Hyökkääjät:
Borini, Calhanoglu, Castillejo, Cutrone, Halilovic, Higuain, Suso.

Roman valmentajan Eusebio Di Francescon miehistö:

Maalivahdit:
Olsen, Fuzato, Greco

Puolustajat:
Karsdorp, Luca Pellegrini, Juan Jesus, Kolarov, Marcano, Santon, Fazio, Manolas,

Keskikenttäpelaajat:
Cristante, Lorenzo Pellegrini, De Rossi, Coric, Zaniolo, Pastore, Nzonzi

Hyökkääjät:
Dzeko, Schick, Ünder, Kluivert, El Shaarawy

La Gazzetta dello Sportin ennakoimat avauskokoonpanot:

Dl5s5pcX4AURVGF.jpg

Viime viikonlopun Napoli-pettymyksen jälkeen odotusarvo Roman kohtaamiseen on itsellä ainakin aika pieni. Whoscored.com ehdoottaa silti 1-1 tasuria. Ehkä tai sitten ei. Freesupertips.co.uk  uskoo 2-0 Roman voittoon, valitettavasti se kuulostaa todennäköisemmältä.

Jaa viesti

Itsellä jäi sitten peli näkemättä. Ehkä pitäisi jättää useinminkin väliin, koska Milan otti hienon jatkoaikavoiton Patrick Cutronen lisäaikamaalilla.:)

Dl9K_KtX4AElafU.jpg

Pelin tilastot.

En valitse omaa MotM.ää, koska en katsonut peliä.

4F941C6A00000578-6120011-image-a-20_1535

Tässä on La Gazzetta dello Sportin arviot:

Dl-S5feWsAEJIPt.jpg
Ja tässä SempreMilanin arviot.

4F93D20D00000578-6120011-image-a-10_1535

Gattuson kommentit:

"We dominated the match but for 40 minutes their defence was perfect. Castillejo and Laxalt were the game changer. Samuel came on with a competitive ferocity I had not seen before in training. He seemed a little indifferent to me. Instead, tonight he showed the qualities that made us sign him. Biglia is irreplaceable. I’m very serious when I say this. I’m not biased, he has the specific qualities I need. We have worked so hard in these last forty days but I’m sure we can be a more brilliant team."

Pelin highlightsit:

Nyt tulee majutauko. Pelit jatkuu parin viikon päästä reissulla Cagliarin vieraaksi ja sitten alkaakin Eurooppaliigakin.

Jaa viesti

Ennen peliä olisin ollut tyytyväinen pisteeseenkin, mutta mitä pidemmälle ottelu meni, sitä selvempää oli, että Milanin pitää ottaa 3p, sillä Roma oli surkea. Etenkin puolustus vuosi melkoisesti ja tasapelikin olisi ollut Romalle voitto, sillä kerrankin Milan oli oikeasti se parempi joukkue. Tuomarityöskentely antoi omat lisämausteensa jännityksen suhteen, mutta onneksi kumpikin hylätty maali sai saman tuomion eikä tuomari(t) ratkaissut peliä. Higuain tuntuu pelaavan peli peliltä paremmin ja on oikeasti ensimmäinen Milan-tason hyökkääjä sitten Zlatanin. Miehen puolustustahto ja syöttöjen laatu on jotain aivan omaa luokkaansa kun verrataan esim viime kauden parivaljakkoon Kalinic-Silva. Itse valitsisin Higuainin MotM:ksi.

Hyvää pelissä oli myös Laxaltin ja Castillejon sisääntulo vas.laidalle. Nyt tuntuisi tuonne vasemmalle olevan kaikille pelipaikoille riittävää tasoa ja kun sama tilanne saadaan oikealle, niin sitten aletaan saada tulostakin. Toivottavasti Contin kuntoutus pysyy aikataulussa.

Jaa viesti

La Gazzetta dello Sport on taas julkaissut Serie A:n nettopalkat:

DmPHxuYXoAApiIo.jpg

DmPHxuZXsAASxVl.jpg

Sen verran epätarkka kuva, että tässä vielä lukuina ja sopparin pituus:

G. Higuain – €9.5m per year – 2019
G. Donnarumma – €6m per year – 2021
T. Bakayoko – €3.5m per year – 2019
L. Biglia – €3.5m per year – 2021
A. Romagnoli – €3.5m per year – 2022
Suso – €3m per year – 2022
P. Reina – €3m per year- 2021
F. Borini – €2.5M per year – 2021
H. Calhanoglu – €2.5m per year – 2021
R. Montolivo – €2.5. per year – 2019
I. Abate – €2.3m per year – 2019
M. Caldara – €2.2m per year – 2023
F. Kessie – €2.2m per year – 2022
R. Rodriguez – 2.1m per year – 2021
A. Bertolacci – €2m per year – 2019
G. Bonaventura – €2m per year – 2020
A. Conti – €2m per year – 2022
M. Musacchio – €2m per year – 2021
I. Strinic – €2m per year – 2021
D. Laxalt – €1.7m per year – 2022
C. Zapata – €1.7m per year – 2019
S. Castillejo – €1.5m per year – 2023
J. Mauri – €1.4m per year – 2019
D. Calabria – €1.1m per year – 2022
P. Cutrone – €1.1m per year – 2023
A. Donnarumma – €1m per year – 2021
S. Simic – €0.3 per year – 2020
A. Plizzari – €0.2m per year – 2020

Juventus maksaa vuodessa pelaajilleen yhteensä 219 miljoonaa euroa. AC Milan tulee toisena 140 miljoonan euron palkkakuluilla ja Internazionale Milano kolmantena 116 miljoonalla eurolla.Sarjanousija Empolin palkkakulut ovat Serie A:n maltillisimmat. Joukkue käyttää vuodessa 16 miljoonaa euroa pelaajiensa palkkoihin.

Jaa viesti

Ts. Ronaldon palkka on 2x suurempi kuin Empolin koko joukkueen. :)
Mielenkiintoista, että Milanin huonoin pelaaja (Bakayoko) on jaetulla kolmossijalla palkkataulukossa... Onneksi kaveri on vain vuokralla ilman pakollista osto-optiota. Miehestä kun ei pääsisi koskaan eroon, sillä yksikään seura ei olisi valmis tarjoamaan tarpeeksi palkkaa siirron toteutumiseen.

Jaa viesti

21 hours ago, Dzeko said:

No kyllähän Montolivosta kaavailtiin AC Milanin keskikentän ykköspelintekijää..

Vuosia sitten ja myös vuosia sitten tuli varsin selväksi, ettei miehestä siihen roolin ole. Silti jouduttiin aina viime kesään asti odottamaan uutta pelinrakentajaa - eikä Bigliakaan rehellisesti sanottuna ole tarpeeksi hyvä.

Jaa viesti

Tänään Milanin osalta pelit jatkuu majutauon jälkeen reissulla Sardinian pääkaupunkiin Cagliariin, jossa asuu 150 000 asukasta ja siellä pelaa perinteikäs Cagliari Calcio. Peli pelataan 21.30 Suomen aikaa reilut 16 000 katsojaa vetävällä Sardegna Arenalla.

Viime kaudella saarelaiset piti niukasti paikkansa sarjassa, kun oli sarjan 16. Cagliari keräs 38 pelissä 39 pistettä. Milan keräsi vastaavasti 38 pelissä 64 pistettä ja oli sarjan 6.

Tällä kaudella Caliarin vauhti on ollut suht samanlaista. Cagliari on hävinnyt 2-0 Empolille, voittanut Atalannan 0-1 sekä pelannut Sassuolon kanssa 2-2 tasurin.

Gattuson kommentit lehdistötilaisuudessa:

Cagliari
"We are facing a really tough team in a really difficult stadium to play in, Cagliari can be really dangerous and we need to play a brilliant game. There's going to be a warm atmosphere, the boys must be prepared to 'suffer' and play a physical game. I want to see great concentration and we need to hang in there. Pavoletti is among the strongest header players in Serie A. Barella is an interesting future talent, I like him and we thought about signing him during the transfer market.

100 percent concentrated
"I don't like compliments that much, I've heard so many over these past ten days after the good display against Roma and we need to move on. We need to be super focused throughout the whole game. We played a good game against Roma but we also went close to losing that match.

Team and system of play
"The toughest decision is to choose my starting XI because all the players are really showing their commitment. If we had more players at Milanello during the break we could have decided to try a different system of play, but it was not possible and I am not one who likes to improvise.

Leader
"Higuain wants to score and he's angry when he doesn't: this makes you understand he's a top player. He's helping us a great deal, he's consistent and he behaves like a true leader. It's all down to the players if the new arrivals say they feel like home, it's not thanks to me or my staff. Romagnoli has improved a lot, Reina is an incredible leader.

Gigio Donnarumma
"He needs to be consistent, I expect a lot from him. He needs to continue like this, he's working with such a great professional as Reina and if he learns from him he can improve a great deal. For many years he had a coach who made improve, now something has changed in terms of the training methods, he just needs to work and mustn't listen to what the media say about him.

Individuals
"Caldara knows what he needs to and he's aware of his qualities. He's really intelligent and with a great mentality, he's a top professional. I don't consider him a problem at all, he can be very useful and I strongly believe in him. I am sorry for Patrick, but I think it's nothing serious and I hope to have him back for the Europa League game. We can also play with a False 9, we have Borini as an option up there. We are not thinking about signing someone who can play in Biglia's role in January, we already have Bertolacci and Mauri and when we need we play them in Lucas's position. Bakayoko needs to learn the right movements, he's really working hard but he needs to put in that extra effort and to learn Italian as quickly as possible.

Savicevic's birthday
"Savicevic was magic with the ball at his feet, it looked like he couldn't reach the ball but then with the tip of his toes he would dribble past anyone. A really fantastic player who scored a magnificent goal in the Champions League final and won the Cup in Athens, like I did".

Cagliari Calcio - A.C. Milan

Cagliarin valmentajan Rolando Maranin miehistö:

Maalivahdit: 
12 Daga, 16 Aresti, 28 Cragno

Puolustajat: 
3 Andreolli, 15 Klavan, 19 Pisacane, 22 Lykogiannis, 33 Srna, 56 Romagna

Keskikenttäpelaajat: 
2 Pajac, 4 Dessena, 6 Bradaric, 8 Cigarini, 10 Joao Pedro, 18 Barella, 20 Padoin, 21 Ionita, 24 Faragò, 29 Castro

Hyökkääjät: 
9 Cerri, 17 Farias, 25 Sau, 30 Pavoletti

Gattuson miehistö:

Maalivahdit: 

Puolustajat: 
Abate, Calabria, Caldara, Laxalt, Musacchio, Rodriguez, Romagnoli, Zapata

Keskikenttäpelaajat: 

Hyökkääjät: 
Borini, Calhanoglu, Castillejo, Higuain, Suso, Tsadjout

La Gazzetta dello Sportin arvio avauskokoonpanoista:

DnM7kxKVsAAfdIQ.jpg

Sky Italian arvio Milanin avauskokoonpanosta:

DnMpkXqX4AAIGiA.jpg

Jos Milan aikoo sarjassa pärjätä, niin Cagliari on joukkueita, josta olisi otettava täydet 3 pojoa. Siihen uskoo Whoscored.com ja Freesupertips.com, jotka ehdottaa Milanin 2-1 vierasvoittoa. Sen sijaan Goonersguide.com ehdottelee 1-1 tasuria. No katotaan taas, uskon oikeastaan tällä kertaa molempia ehdotuksia.. 

Jaa viesti

Avauskokoonpanot:

Cagliari:

Pavoletti      Farias

Joao Pedro

Barella       Bradaric          Castro

Padoin        Romagna           Klavan               Srna

Cragno

Cagliarin penkki: Aresti, Daga, Andreolli, Lykogiannis, Pisacane, Pajac, Cigarini, Dessena, Faragò, Ionita, Cerri, Sau

Milan:

Calhanoglu     Higuain    Suso

Bonaventura       Biglia      Kessie

Rodriguez    Romagnoli      Musacchio      Calabria

G Donnarumma

Milanin penkki: Reina, A Donnarumma, Abate, Caldara, Laxalt, Zapata, Bakayoko, Bertolacci, Mauri, Borini, Castillejo, Tsadjout

Jaa viesti

Kesken eilisen pelin tuli Nukkumatti kylään ja loppupelistä jäi näkemättä. Peli alkoi Milanin kannalta umpisurkeasti ja Joao Pedro vei kotijoukkueen johtoon jo 4 minuutilla. Koko pelin alku oli Cagliarin hallintaa ja taululla olisi voinut olla rumemmatkin numerot. Ihan kuin joku olisi kertonut punamustille, että peli alkaa vasta klo 21.45..Mutta niin se peli kääntyi ja loppu olikin Milanin dominanssia. Lopputulos oli aika odotettu, kun Higuan pelin tasotti toisella puoliajalla.

DnPeVS-XoAo8PRB.jpg

Pelin tilastot.

4323098-0-image-a-2_1537128864544.jpg

Oma valinta MotM:ksi on Higuan, joka pelasti maalillaan edes sen pisteen.

Tässä on SempreMilanin arviot.

4323206-6174095-image-a-22_1537129503122

Gattuson kommentit:

The game
"We played an embarrassing first 20 minutes of the game. Had they scored the goal for 2-0 it would have been game over. We need to solve this problem, we had the wrong attitude for the first 20 minutes. We stood out in the second half but it wasn't enough. I am happy with all the praises we get, but we need to read the game better. We knew what to do to and yet we did the exact opposite for the first 20 minutes. We can't afford such mistakes if we want to be up there in the table".

The team
"Some still don't realise how strong players they are. We knew playing here would be tough".

Higuain
"He keeps the ball and helps the team move up. He's a player who helps our wingers to play wide. We need to improve finding space with our midfielders and wingers".

On the future
"We still have a long way to go, but the boys have everything they need to improve and to be a strong team. If we fix a few things we can make it far".

Pelin highlightsit:

Tulos ei ollut ihan sitä mit haettiin, mutta sitä ei voi jädä murehtii, kun jo torstaina täytyy pelata Eurooppaliigaa Luxemburgissa. Ensi sunnuntaina on sitten Atalanta kylässä San Sirolla.

Jaa viesti

Kyllähän Milan otti pelin haltuun 2.puoliajalla, mutta kun pelintekijänä edelleen hyvinkin montolivomainen Biglia, niin maalipaikkoja Milan ei vaan yksinkertaisesti saanut luotua. Palloa sahattiin keskiviivan tuntumassa eikä oikein kukaan uskaltanut yrittää mitään. Eli samaa sontaa, eri kausi. Ei tällä(kään) joukkueella mitalisijoista taistella. Ei Cagliarikaan nyt niin hyvä joukkue ole, että tasapeli riittäisi. Ei, vaikka peli olisi voinut olla 3-0 20min jälkeen. Eikä ihme, että Higuainkin oli pelin jälkeen raivona. Ja kävi kyllä kuumana jo pelinkin aikana - syystäkin! Sen verran säälittävää oli Milanin pelinrakentelu ja on se nyt prkl, kun joukkue ei 90min aikana saa rakennettua ainuttakaan kunnon maalipaikkaa liigan 2.parhaalle(?) viimeistelijälle. Yksikin avopaikka olisi riittänyt voittoon, mutta kun ei niin ei.

Susokin voisi taas pitkästä aikaa tehdä jotain hyödyllistä kentällä. Ja sama pätee Calhanogluun. Laiturit ovat 95% pelistä aivan pimennossa vaikka käsittääkseni Milanin hyökkäysten pitäisi rakentua heidän kauttaan. Tai eivät ne ainakaan keskeltä Biglian toimesta tule kun joka toinen syöttö on alaspäin - ja loput viereen.

Noh, torstaina saadaan taas harjoitella sitä pelinrakentelua ja kentällä varmaan Borinia, Castillejoa ja Bakayokoa (joka edelleenkin muistuttaa niin olemukseltaan kuin pelitaidoiltaankin aivan liikaa Traorea ja Essieniä). Maalijuhlia siis turha odottaa, mutta saatetaanpahan nähdä Caldarakin vihdoin kentällä. Ja varmaan Laxaltkin saattanee saa enemmän peliaikaa.

Jaa viesti

Ivan Gazidis on nimetty Milanin uudeksi toimitusjohtajaksi. Kaveri aloittaa joulukuun 1. päivä.,

ivan-gazidis.jpg

Gazidisin kommentit:

"I am very excited to take on this new challenge, and will do everything I can to secure AC Milan’s return to the top.  I have a head start in this project thanks to the talented players, hard-working staff, and the sporting leadership of Leonardo De Araujo, Paolo Maldini and Gennaro Gattuso.  I am grateful for the trust placed in me by Chairman Paolo Scaroni, the AC Milan board, and the club’s owners.”

Nykyisen hätäaputoimari Paolo Scaronin kommentit:

“On behalf of the Board and the entire AC Milan community, we proudly welcome Ivan Gazidis to the club.  The CEO role is one we have prioritised from day one of this project and one we have worked diligently upon to get right.  Ivan Gazidis will bring an unparalleled level of business acumen and football industry experience to the club.  He helped establish professional football in the United States; he brought Arsenal to new heights; and we can’t wait for him to get started here in Milan.  The fundamentals are now in place for success, which we recognize will take time, hard work, and perseverance.”

Paul Singerin (se todellinen herra Elliot) kommentit:

“In the past few months, Chairman Paolo Scaroni, a refreshed Board and a reinvigorated management team, have all instilled a new sense of purpose to AC Milan.  Today’s announcement provides the latest example of a club heading in the right direction.  Ivan Gazidis is a widely respected, highly talented chief executive, and one we expect can lead the club to realise its full potential.  Together with Elliott’s continued focus on financial stability and proper oversight, we look forward to on-field success and a world-class fan experience.”

Jaa viesti

Huomenna klo 19.00 Suomen aikaa San Sirolle saapuu Atalanta Bergamosta, noin 40 km päästä Milanosta.

Atalanta on perinteinen seura, joka on perustettu 1907. Tämä on joukkueen 58. kausi Serie A:ssa. Joukkue tunnetaan hyvästä juniorityöstä, josta Milankin on päässyt nauttimaan mm. Mattia Caldaran, Giacomo Bonaventuran, Andrea Contin ja Franck Kessién muodossa.

Tämän lisäksi Atalanta on pärjännyt mukavasti sarjassa viime vuosina. Viime kaudella joukkue oli sarjassa 7. ja pääsi Pääsi karsimaan Eurooppaliigaan. Siellä joukkue jäi play off .vaheeseen, kun FC Kööpenhamina meni rankkareilla jatkoon.

Kovin paljon paremmin ei ole mennyt sarjassakaan. Atalanta on pelannut 4. peliä, joista joukkuen on voittanut avauskierroksella Frosinonen ja sen jälkeen hävinnyt Cagliarillille ja SPAL:lille sekä pelannut Roman kanssa tasan. Niillä tuloksilla joukke on sarjassa 15. ja on siis kernnyt 4 pistettä.

Eipä Milankaan ole sen paremmin pärjännyt. Se on kolmesta pelistä myös 4. pistettä ja on juuri Atalannan edellä sijalla 14.

Gattsuson haastattelu:

On Atalanta
"Atalanta are a solid team and can be difficult to play against. They want to bounce back after the two defeats in their last two outings. We need to play a really good game. Every year Gasperini signs the same type of players to play like he wants to. They press high up the pitch and we have to do well to trouble them".

The performance in Europa League
"I was worried before the game vs Dudelange because they knocked out two good teams before playing against us. They don't have many resources but they but they could have caused us some trouble. We also made lots of changes to our lineup and we knew it wouldn't be easy. We could have done better but we won and this is what matters. I changed a lot because I believe in all my players, we have a deep squad".

Serie A and the team
"Now, let's focus on Atalanta, only after this game we will start preparing for Empoli and Sassuolo. I watched the match (Sassuolo v Empoli) yesterday and it won't be easy to beat them. We made a few mistakes in Cagliari, the worst was our approach to the match. The league has only just started but the more games we win during this period, the better. Every game is important. We mustn't leave anything to chance".

Higuain
"Higuain plays deep, helping us move the ball, but I want him to run behind defence more, putting more pressure on the defenders in the final third. I consider him the best striker in the world, he scores goals, he helps the team, he's a top player. We need to take advantage of his qualities, we need to play with our heads up and give the ball to him. I hope he can play in every game. Higuain and Suso need to get to know each other better on the pitch, we are working on it".

The individuals
"Caldara played a really good game in Europa League, he can be of great help to the team. Calhanoglu didn't do well at Cagliari, but he was the man of the match against Roma. I was pleased with Bakayoko's performance in Luxembourg. I always want more from him, to play inside
the box more often. I want Suso to shoot more on goal, to play inside the box and in the final third. We'll see if Cutrone can make it for tomorrow, his ankle is still bothering him: he can't wait to be back in the fold. Borini can play as striker, so, no, I'm not worried about having only two centre-forwards in my squad. Montolivo has only just recovered from an injury but I have made my decision and I don't need to explain it. Bertolacci can do a lot more, he struggled a bit but it wasn't easy. Musacchio is fine and fit to play".

AC Milan's debut in women's football
"Good luck to our girls. Carolina Morace and I talk a lot, she's a true manager, very curious and passionate. It's always a pleasure to talk with her about football. I hope they will play a great season".

A.C. Milan - Atalanta B.C.

Gattuson miehistö:

Maalivahdit:

Puolustajat:
Abate, Calabria, Laxalt, Musacchio, Rodriguez, Romagnoli, Simic, Zapata

Keskikenttäpelaajat:

Hyökkääjät:
Borini, Calhanoglu, Castillejo, Higuain, Suso, Tsadjout

Atalantan valmentajan Gian Piero Gasperinin miehistö:

Maalivahdit:
1 Berisha Etrit, 95 Gollini Pierluigi, 31 Rossi Francesco

Puolustajat:
53 Ali Adnan,  21 Castagne Timothy, 19 Djimsiti Berat, 8 Gosens Robin, 33 Hateboer Hans, 23 Mancini Gianluca, 5 Masiello Andrea, 6 Palomino Jose Luis, 7 Reca Arkadiusz, 2 Toloi Rafael

Keskikenttäpelaajat:
15 de Roon Marten, 11 Freuler Remo, 88 Pasalic Mario, 22 Pessina Matteo, 24 Rigoni Emiliano,  4 Valzania Luca

Hyökkääjät:
99 Barrow Musa, 10 Gomez Alejandro , 72 Ilicic Josip, 20 Tumminello Marco, 91 Zapata Duvan

SkySportsin ennakoima Milanin avauskokoonpano:

Dno3Fx-XcAEn2lY.jpg

DnsMgICW0AALHbv.jpg

Pelissä kohtaa kaksi joukkuetta, jotka on alisuorittanut. On aika vaikea arvailla, kumpi tästä pelistä vie pisteet. Ainakin kotijoukkueella on enemmän paineita viedä. Whoscored.com uskoo Milanin  2-1 kotivoittoon. Sen sijaan Freesuperstips.co.uk uskoo 0-0 tasuriin. Jotenkin jälkimmäinen tulos kuulostaa enemmän oikealta, valitettavasti.

Jaa viesti

Avauskokoonpanot:

Milan:

Calhanoglu     Higuain       Suso

Bonaventura      Biglia         Kessie

Rodriguez      Romagnoli     Musacchio    Calabria

G Donnarumma

Atalanta:

Barrow     Gomez

Pasalic

Gosens     Freuler     De Roon    Castagne

Masiello   Palomino   Toloi

Gollini

Jaa viesti

Taas täysin turhat pistemenetykset ja tälläkin kertaa syynä Gattuson idioottimaiset vaihdot. Alkaa riittä tämä pelleily ja olisin valmis näkemään Conten puikoissa. Miten on mahdollista, että siinä vaiheessa kun Milanilla on peli hyvässä mallissa ja kentän kruunaamaton kuningas Bonaventura tekee kentällä mitä haluaa, niin Gattuso tekee gattusot, eli ottaa Jackin pois ja tilalle kukapa muukaan kuin Essien... Eiku Bakayoko. Bonaventuran vieressä olisi tarjolla ollut varjojen mailla haahuillut ja tänään ylivoimaisesti heikoimmin suorittanut Kessie, mutta ei kun ei... Gattuson pelikirjan ensimmäinen sääntöhän on: "Bonaventura vaihtoon ja Bakayoko tilalle" ja siitä ei tingitä. Ei vaikka se maksaisi 2 pinnaa.

Nyt on siis kahdessa pelissä heitetty 4 pinnaa roskiin ja kumpikin ihan vain taktisen osaamattomuuden (vai olisiko sitten parempi sana "idiotismin") vuoksi? Ei noita vaihtoja voi millään tavalla järkisyin perustella ja niiden lopputuloshan oli kaikkien tiedossa jo hyvissä ajoin ennen vaihtoa. Voisiko joku kertoa tuon myös Gattusolle? Tai no, voi toki jättää kertomatta niin saadaan vihdoin valmentaja, joka ymmärtää peliä ja osaa ennakoida vaihtojensa mahdolliset seuraukset sillä Gattuso ei ainakaan osaa. *tuttaa heittää kausi hukkaan jo tässä vaiheessa ja jälleen kerran näiden pelien, jotka yksinkertaisesti pitää voittaa, vuoksi. Ja mikäs sen parempaa kuin Interille makoisa vierasvoitto lisäajalla ja 2 pinnaa taas puskuria tähän Milanon kakkosseuraan nähden. Hienoa. Grazie Gattuso.

Nämä "3p tarjolla" pelit jatkuvat torstaina Empolin vieraissa ja sen jälkeen astetta vaikeampi Sassuolo ja sarjajumbo Chievo ennen kuin otetaan Interiltä pataan. Arvatkaapa montako pinnaa näistä tarjolla olevista 9:stä otetaan? Oma veikkaukseni on 3 tai 4. Inter-peliä en laske mukaan, sillä siinä pelissä ei Gattuson taktikoilla ole tarjolla pistettäkään.

Jaa viesti

Olen kyllä täysin samaa mieltä. Bonaventura oli MotM ja olisi ansainnut olla kentällä. Ehkä Gattuso läjti varmistelee voittoa ja homma ns. k*rvähti. Nyt tulee mieleen uusi Daredevil-mainos, jossa on Jobin kirjan viite:

”Hyvää minä odotin, mutta paha tuli, odotin valoa, mutta tuli pimeys.”

daredevil-s03-juliste.jpg

Jostain syystä julisteen värimaailma on täysin sama kuin uuden Milanin..

Jaa viesti

Täytyy nyt jatkaa vielä, kun pahin ketutus on ohi. Eilen oli pelillisesti eka puolisko hyvä, mutta se ei näkynyt tulostaululla. Eikä se toinenkaan puolisko ollut niin huono, mutta kun päästää vastustajan kaksi kertaa tasoihin, niin ei sitä voi kehuakaan.

Kausi on vielä nuori, mutta kyllä nämä tulokset kiristää silmukkaa Gattuson kaulan ympärillä. Ihan vaan muistuksena edellisen seurajohdon potkut Montelalle, joka lähti kauteen käytännössä ihan uudella joukkueella. Tämän kauden Gattuson joukkueen avaus on Higuania lukuunottamatta aivan sama kuin koko viime kevään, mutta tulokset on ollut vaisuja. No ehkä se tästä vielä kohenee.

DnzCb79XcAUqey4.jpg

Pelin tilastot.

wire-4501754-1537742483-23_634x832.jpg

Sanoin eilen, että oma MotM oli Bonaventura ja niin se on vieläkin. Bona teki maalin ja pajon työtä ja juoksuja. Myös Higuanille ja Susolle täytyy nostaa hattua taas kerran.

Tässä on SempreMilanin arviot.

wire-4501752-1537742481-410_634x370.jpg

Gattuson kommentit:

The game
"We have been a two-faced team in this start to the season: a good first half and struggling in the final minutes of the game. It's clear that we are failing to play with continuity for the whole 90 minutes".

The defensive phase
"They made the right changes, bringing on fresh players. I have the feeling that fear prevails as soon as we make a mistake and this should not happen. We must understand this quickly because the longer we wait, the more it becomes difficult".

Hard times
"We played better today than we did against Roma, we were in control but it was not enough. We need to work harder when we are struggling during the game".

Bakayoko
"I brought him on because I needed a player who had more energy and physical strength. We need to leave less space as we did in the first half. When we struggle to move up the pitch and play our game we actually give the impression we are struggling. It's a matter of mentality and believing in what we do. We do good things but we fail to complete them".

Leonardon kommentit:

The team
"These is a two-faced AC Milan right now, as soon as we drop the intensity we start struggling. Throughout the game, we do really good things and then we struggle. It's not an alibi, but if we look at the past few years, AC Milan have always come sixth in the league and this means losing the winning mentality. Our goal has to be to dominate the game, be in control, being prepared to suffer but then we need to put the game to bed".

Forward line
"There are lots of positive things, not only our forwards. We build up play from behind, we move the ball around well, we create lots of chances. We could have scored two in the first half. Suso played a really good game, making two assists and once again showed his talent. We lack to control the game throughout the whole 90 minutes".

Improvement
"We started everything on 25th of July and we have created a positive environment. AC Milan needs to achieve its goal, but it's all a matter of mentality".

Pelin highligsit:

Peli jatkuu torstaina vierasreissulla Empolin vieraaksi. Ehkä silloin saadaan se voitto sitten.

Jaa viesti

Huomenna Milan jatkaa reissulla keski-Italiaan Toscaanaan, jossa kohtaa Empolin samanimisessä 50 000 asukkaan kaupungissa. Peli pelataan reilun 16 000 katsojan Stadio Carlo Castellanin stadionilla.

Empoli muutama vuosi sitten Serie A:n yllätysjoukkue, kun joukkuetta valmensi nykyinen Chelsea luotsi  Maurizio Sarri ja sitten vielä nykyinen Sampdoria luotsi Marco Giampaolo,

Kauden 2016–2017 jälkeen joukkue tippui Serie B:een. Viime kaudella Empoli voitti Serie B:n ja niin Serie B visiitti jäi vain vuoden mittaiseksi.

Tällä kaudella Serie A on takkuilut, kuten yleensäkin nousijajoukkueilla. Joukkue on 5:stä pelistä voittanut 1. pelin, hävinnyt 4 peliä ja pelannut kerran tasurin. Se tekee 3 pistettä ja sillä on sarjassa juuri putoamisviivan yläpuolella 17. Milanilla ei ole paljon paremmin. Joukkue on kerännyt 4:stä pelistä 5 pistettä ja sillä on sarjassa 12.

Gattuson haastattelu:

Empoli game
"We must win, I'm not looking for the perfect match but I want to take home the three points. It won't be easy, they are good at moving the ball around and they strikers make the right movement. We really need a win".

On and off the ball
"We hadn't scored at home to Atalanta in two years, but we wanted to win it. We played the game we had to play, but all of sudden we stopped and they had seven shots in the space of 25 minutes. We struggle when we have to run deep and track back. Too many times it looks like we don't like running but we also need to learn how to do the things we don't like. When on the ball we know what to do. We need a change in mentality when off the ball. We don't have time to wait, we are lacking some grit".

The team's mentality
"We are leaving too many points behind, but we are not doing that bad. We need to keep believing in our qualities. I agree with the club: we need to improve our fifth-sixth place mentality and remedy mistakes that are preventing us from playing with continuity. At times we should be more clinical. We are lacking belief, it happens that we are afraid we won't win, as it happened against Atalanta".

The team
"Last season we would win games from leading situation, while this year we concede goals. My teams have always conceded few goals, this is what we need to improve. We need better organisation. What we are doing is not enough, but we mustn't let ourselves down. Mistakes can happen but we have to continue working being always 100 percent focused. We are not a top team yet and there's not much time".

The individuals
"Bonaventura has football in his soul, great technique but is also a physical player. Higuain had a light flexor injury, we'll see how he his tomorrow. It was the first day we had Cutrone back in the fold today. He tried changes of direction in training and all went well: we are pleased to have him back, he's important for us. Romagnoli is wise beyond his years, Biglia is not a very talkative guy but everyone listens to him when he has to say something, Reina looks he's been with us for a long time. Caldara has an inflammation in his groin but today he was back running. I always liked Suso; he hasn't been scoring much but I would be really pleased if he keeps making two assists in every game. I think he'll end his goal drought soon. He's doing well and has to keep up the good work.

Empoli F.C. - A.C. Milan

Empolin valmentajan Aurelio Andreazzolin miehistö:

Maalivahdit: 
Fulignati, Provedel, Terracciano

Puolustajat: 
Di Lorenzo, Maietta, Marcjanik, Rasmussen, Silvestre, Untersee, Veseli.

Keskikenttäpelaajat: 
Bennacer, Brighi, Capezzi, Krunic, Lollo, Traore, Ucan.

Hyökkääjät: 
Caputo, Jaupovic, La Gumina, Mchedlidze, Mraz.

Gattuson miehistö.

Maalivahdit: 

Puolustajat: 
Abate, Calabria, Laxalt, Musacchio, Rodriguez, Romagnoli, Simic, Zapata

Keskikenttäpelaajat: 

Hyökkääjät: 
Borini, Calhanoglu, Castillejo, Cutrone, Haliliovc, Suso

Milan TV:n ennakoima Milan avauskokoonpano:

DoBRn1lXUAAT8DQ.jpg

DoAAemRXUAABJLz.jpg

Huhutaan, että Leonardo antaa potkuvaroituksen Gattusolle, jos tilanne ei muutu. Milan on pelannut alle arvostelun. Empolia vastaan voisi alkaa ottamaan niitä voittojakin. Siihen uskoo Whoscored.com ja Freespiper.tips.co.uk, joytka molemmat ehdottaa Milanin 2-1 vierasvoittoa. 

Jaa viesti

Taitaa Gattuson potkut ottaa askeleen lähemmäs, sillä Higuain jäi kotiin pikkuvamman vuoksi eikä Cutronen kunnosta ole täyttä varmuutta. Jollei Cutrone ole 90min kunnossa, Borini ottanee paikan avauksessa. Kysynpä vaan, että kuka tekee maalit jos Borini on se ainut kärki... Jollei ihmeitä tapahdu (lue: Suso tee loikkaa eteenpäin esityksissään ja/tai Calhanoglu pelaa kauden parasta peliään), taitaa tänään olla tarjolla vain yksi piste - jos sitäkään, sillä puolustus vuotaa kuin seula.

Jaa viesti

2 tuntia sitten, pake kirjoitti:

Taitaa Gattuson potkut ottaa askeleen lähemmäs, sillä Higuain jäi kotiin pikkuvamman vuoksi eikä Cutronen kunnosta ole täyttä varmuutta. Jollei Cutrone ole 90min kunnossa, Borini ottanee paikan avauksessa. Kysynpä vaan, että kuka tekee maalit jos Borini on se ainut kärki... Jollei ihmeitä tapahdu (lue: Suso tee loikkaa eteenpäin esityksissään ja/tai Calhanoglu pelaa kauden parasta peliään), taitaa tänään olla tarjolla vain yksi piste - jos sitäkään, sillä puolustus vuotaa kuin seula.

Ihan on aiheellinen kysymys. Borini on kaikesta muusta tunnettu, paitsi maalinteosta. Oli aikamoinen riski lähteä kauteen 2:lla keskushyökkääjällä. Tulee vaan mieleen, että samaan aikaan Sevillassa pelaa yksi lainamies.

Tässä on SkySportsin arvio avauksesta:

DoFc-VSWsAAyI57.jpg

Ja GdS:n arviot:

DoFZ-AwXkAACTc7.jpg

Jaa viesti

Avauskokoonpanot:

Empoli:

Caputo        La Gumina

Traore

Krunic       Capezzi          Bennacer

Veseli      Maietta      Silvestre      Di Lorenzo

Terracciano

Milan:

Calhanoglu    Borini      Suso

Bonaventura     Biglia     Kessie

Laxalt         Romagnoli       Musacchio     Calabria

G Donnarumma

Jaa viesti

Luo uusi käyttäjätili tai kirjaudu sisään

Sinun täytyy olla jäsen osallistuaksesi keskusteluun

Luo käyttäjätili

Rekisteröi uusi käyttäjätili helposti ja nopeasti!

Luo uusi käyttäjätili

Kirjaudu sisään

Sinulla on jo käyttäjätili?

Kirjaudu sisään